Who We Are:
Our group performs structural design, analysis, test, and repair for many different aircraft and aerospace vehicles. This team at Hill AFB, Utah provides support to our USAF customers. You will be tasked with helping to maintain safety of flight for military aircraft.
Objectives of this Role:
- Provide the US Air Force support in assessing damage in fleet aircraft and designing and substantiating repairs to ensure their safe return to flight.
- Provide engineering analysis and services as required by USAF clients.
- Assess the needs for fleet of aircraft, managing airworthiness and sustainment for the foreseeable future through stress analysis, inspection, teardown, probabilistic risk analyses, as well as repair design, validation and installation, among other involved evaluation
- Respond to the evolving needs of the fleet of aircraft.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Perform assessment of structural damage on fleet aircraft and develop repair requirements to return aircraft to flying condition.
- Perform static strength analysis of damaged and repaired structures to substantiate required maintenance actions.
- Interaction with aircraft maintainers, technicians and engineering staff.
- Regular communication with clients, colleagues and management.
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.20 GPA in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or other related engineering field
- 0-3 years: Experience in structures, structural repair, static strength analysis, and strength of materials
- MS in engineering acceptable as substitute for 1 year of experience
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Work assignment is in Layton, Utah. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.