Who We Are:
The Robotics Department designs and develops automated vehicle technologies for unmanned ground and aerial vehicles (UGVs and UAVs), automated material handling and transit, connected and automated vehicles (CAVs), and autonomous off-road vehicles for global commercial and government clients.
Objectives of this Role:
- Join SwRI project teams to design, develop, and support new and novel autonomous ground vehicle capabilities in conjunction with US Military clients.
- Identify and pursue new research directions for autonomous ground vehicles, teams and convoys, squad and dismount support, and other UGV applications.
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Support continued development of the a library of autonomous vehicle capabilities representing the state of the art in off-road autonomous ground robotics.
- Support field integration events, tests, demonstrations, soldier operational experiments, and occasional deployments of autonomous ground vehicle systems.
- Design, implement, and test various automated vehicle localization, navigation, mapping, path planning, and perception technologies.
- Requires a Bachelors, Masters, or a PhD with a 3.25 GPA in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Robotics, Mechatronics, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related
- 0-5 years: MS, or PhD academic research and/or internship experience; MS and PhD candidates must have completed graduate work related to autonomous/automated vehicles or robotics in the unmanned ground (UGV) domain.
- BS-level must have UGV development experience such as internships, research experiences, or student competitions
- Strong communication skills
- Linux and various PC operating systems experience required
- Robot Operating System (ROS) experience is beneficial
- A valid/clear driver’s license is required
Work assignment is in Troy, Michigan. Applicant selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Applicant must be a U.S. citizen.
Job Locations: Selfridge Air National Guard Base, Michigan Or Ann Arbor, Michigan
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace