Purfresh is a San Francisco based, global provider of specialized controlled atmosphere systems, live data tracking and monitoring for cargo transported in refrigerated ocean containers, and international cold treatment assurance management. Purfresh technology and products reduce the risk of high value cargo loss, improves food safety, and helps ensure higher-quality arrivals for cargo shipped internationally in refrigerated ocean containers. Purfresh, and their global network of partner companies, assist their clients in the expansion of market opportunities and deliver safer, higher-quality cargo to their destination markets. Purfresh combines, controlled atmosphere, and active atmosphere with ozone technology to reduce decay, delay ripening, extend shelf life, and reduce food-borne pathogens. Purfresh is also the sole independent provider of combined remote satellite and GSM atmospheric, cold chain, and reefer controller monitoring, reporting, and two-way communication management. Proven and cost- effective, Purfresh is the ideal solution to protect a wide range of fresh, perishable, high value, and conventional cargo being shipped in refrigerated intermodal containers.
Position: Systems Engineer II
Reports To: Director of Engineering
Location: Hayward California, USA
The Embedded Systems Manager is an essential role within the Purfresh Engineering Division and will work in conjunction with Senior Electrical and System Architect Engineers as well as company officers to research and develop solutions for future and existing Purfresh commercialized atmosphere solutions.
The Embedded Systems Manager will also work to enhance work flow within the maintenance division as well as manage the organization and production of new software, capital projects, and manufacturing of devices.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum BSin Computer Engineering or related field
- 1+ years of experience with troubleshooting PCBs. (power circuitry and instruments is a plus)
- Experience in embedded software. (C++, arduino, IoT systems preferred)
- Knowledge of analog signal processing and sensors.
- Knowledge of RF signal processing. (Iot device design experience preferred)
- Experience with interpreter languages. (Perl, Python)
- Experience with Web Development (JAVA, MySQL, Databases, etc.)
- Understanding of embedded design practices and standards. (SVN, debugging, bug database)
- Collaboration with senior design team on firmware revisions and bug fixes.
- Work with engineering design teams to develop upon existing technologies to remain competitive in our market offerings.
- Work with Maintenance and Repair to diagnose systems and implement more efficient testing methods.
- Identify common failures seen when maintaining and testing Purfresh systems.
- Calibration of instruments integrated within the different models of Purfresh panels.
- Maintain current design files for all production PCBs.
- Manage new production orders
- Manage BOMs , parts purchasing, and inventories
- Collaborate with the Maintenance Supervisor on troubleshooting methods and enhancements