View job on Handshake
Become an Energy Policy & Pricing Analyst at Southern California Edison (SCE) and shape our clean energy future. In this role, you’ll provide analytical support that informs SCE’s efforts to advance energy policy and develop customer programs that support California’s decarbonization and clean energy goals. Specifically, you’ll explore and develop analysis on how SCE designs electricity rates in ways that:
- Consider the diverse characteristics of our customers;
- Equitably recover the cost of providing service to our customers;
- Ensure our customers have access to affordable electricity to meet their basic needs; and
- Incentivize customers to make efficient decisions about their consumption of electricity and adoption of existing and emerging clean energy technologies (i.e. electric vehicles, distributed energy resources, microgrids, and building electrification).
As an Energy Policy & Pricing Analyst your work will help integrate clean energy, reduce carbon emissions, mitigate climate change risks, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart, and shine bright!
- Apply strong critical thinking, problem solving, and technical knowledge to challenge business assumptions and develop new methods, models, and analyses that inform SCE’s energy policy, retail pricing, and customer programs.
- Apply a continuous learning mindset and customer-centric approach to synthesize large datasets and translate analyses into insights that inform SCE’s energy policy, retail pricing, and customer programs.
- Establish scalable, efficient, user-centric, and automated processes for large scale data analyses to support business processes and decision-making.
- Pricing Insights & Perspectives: Develop research and analysis on various dimensions of utility ratemaking and pricing strategy, which will be used to create a series of connected narratives and principles to engage a broad set of internal and external audiences.
- Problem Solving & Decision Support: Support cross-functional teams across the company to resolve complex issues that typically require verbal, written, and visual communication with proposed recommendations presented to leadership in a simple, logical, and succinct manner.
- Experience conducting quantitative analysis and developing analytical models, dashboards, data visualizations, and decision-making tools.
- Experience using Excel, SAS, R, Python, SQL, and/or Tableau.
- Graduated within the past 24 months or will graduate by Spring 2022 with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Economics, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, Engineering, or other quantitative related fields
- Ability to synthesize data, research, and analyses into simple, concise, accessible, and actionable insights.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Experience interfacing and collaborating with peers, management, and other departments
- Understanding of electric utility business model and how various regulatory decisions affect stakeholders
You Should Know
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage.
- Relocation is not available for this position
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference test #8203. Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
- We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks!
About Southern California Edison
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.