View job on Handshake
Join the Clean Energy Revolution!
We are looking for an Associate Specialist that will be in the Analytics Group within the Resource and Environmental Planning & Strategy organization.
Become an Energy Marketing & Trading Financial Analyst at Southern California Edison (SCE) and shape our clean energy future. This position will provide analytical support for projects and initiatives that help shape SCE’s corporate strategy, as well as long-term resource and climate adaptation plans. The work will primarily focus on quantitative analyses that support grid planning for decarbonization, climate adaptation, policy decisions, portfolio emissions, and other energy market dynamics. Work will also focus on scenario development in the face of uncertainty driven by exogenous market factors, like climate change and emerging technologies.
This support will influence corporate planning, resource procurement, energy policy, legal proceedings, and future investment strategies. As an Energy Marketing & Trading Financial Analyst your work will help integrate clean energy, reduce carbon emissions, mitigate climate change risks, and create cleaner air for everyone. Are you ready to take on the challenge to help us build the future?
A day in the life – Get ready to think big, work smart and shine bright!
- Utilize analytical models and grid planning simulation tools to develop resource portfolios under various future scenarios and forecast the impacts of those portfolios on system pricing, GHG emissions, and other system and market dimensions
- Provide analytical support for SCE’s strategic planning process and projects including performing economic, market sizing and cost-benefit analyses
- Research the cost-effectiveness and potential of new technologies for supply and demand-side energy resources
- Develop analytical models and methods for a variety of applications, including evaluating energy policies, regulations, climate change impacts, and new business models
- Present to department and division management, section supervision, colleagues and other interested parties
- Experience in conducting quantitative analysis
- Typically possesses zero to three years of analytical experience
- Graduated in the past 36 months or will graduate by December 2022 with an undergraduate or graduate degree in Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative related fields
- Experience with advanced Excel functions such as Pivot Tables, V lookup, Macros and VBA
- Demonstrated experience developing analytical tools using R and/or Python code
- Experience using data visualization tools such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Experience with statistical modeling tools such as SAS
- Experience with energy/electric system analysis, or in other applicable fields of analysis
- Shown knowledge of power markets, GHG policies and markets, and related regulatory requirements that govern SCE’s participation in them
You Should Know:
- Work Mode: When a return-to-office date has been determined, this position’s work mode is hybrid. The employee will report to an SCE facility for a set number of days with the option to work remotely on the remaining days. Unless otherwise noted, employees are required to reside in the state of California. Further details of this work mode will be discussed at the interview stage
- Relocation is not available for this position
- This position requires testing and applicants who are identified to continue through the selection process will be invited to test via email. We invite you to visit our Candidate Resource page for further information and to access information guides. For information guides, please reference test #8203. Candidates who have previously passed this assessment, in some cases, may not need to retest again for this position
- Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship
- We offer a fantastic Total Rewards Package that includes things like a wide selection of health plans, preventative health reimbursement, 401(k) savings plan with company match and automatic company contributions, tuition reimbursement, professional development, volunteer programs, employee assistance program, electric service discount, and many more perks
About Southern California Edison:
The people at SCE don’t just keep the lights on. Our mission is so much bigger. We’re fueling the kind of innovation that’s changing an entire industry, and quite possibly the planet. Join us and create a future with cleaner energy, while providing our customers with the safety and reliability they demand. At SCE, you’ll have a chance to grow personally and professionally, making a real impact in Southern California and around the world.
At SCE, we celebrate our differences. We are a proud Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
We are committed to ensuring that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodations at (833) 343-0727.