Your transition into the future begins today. Verisk‘s Summer Internship Program is designed to provide you with real work experience, professional development, and networking opportunities.
We have opportunities for students interested in exploring Energy and Natural Resources careersaround the globe. Wood Mackenzie is a global research and consultancy business powering the natural resources industry, providing our customers with trusted expertise to navigate the challenges of the energy and materials transitions.
We are hiring in the following U.S. locations: Houston, TX; Boston, MA.
What You Could Learn:
- Understand the major challenges facing the natural resources sectors, how these sectors interrelate, and what strategies companies are adopting to tackle these challenges.
- Understand how to approach industry challenges by working closely with our experienced analysts / consultants.
- Develop technical skills by immersing yourself in meaningful projects. This could include building, analyzing and presenting datasets, as well as developing supporting tools.
- Understand how different teams – from research, consulting, data, technology, sales, marketing and more – collaborate to create and deliver value for our clients.
- Start building your professional network to springboard your future career in research or consulting.
- Gain an understanding of the commercial drivers in the energy sector.
What We’re Looking For:
Skills and Knowledge
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, quantitative, and communication skills.
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite (Excel in particular).
- An innate sense of curiosity and interest in the challenges facing the natural resources sectors.
- An ability to remain flexible and take initiative.
- Customer-focused: we are a service organization, so you should enjoy liaising with clients and understanding their needs.
- Enrolled in bachelors or masters program or bootcamp.
- Demonstrated history of leveraging data to solve problems.
The Intern Program is not eligible for work visa sponsorship. If you will require work visa sponsorship (e.g., H1-B visa) after completing your degree, you do not meet the basic requirements of the summer intern role.
We want to get to know YOU. Once you apply, our team will review your application. Successful candidates will be invited to a two-stage interview process including:
- Digital Interview: Our team is keen to get to know you. You’ll be introduced to several members of our team as they share their experiences about life at Verisk. We will ask you a series of questions in order to learn about what drives you and where your interests lie – it is your opportunity to make yourself stand out from the pack. This is a great way for you to meet several of our employees outside of a traditional 1:1 interview.
- Final Live Virtual Interview: This round is to determine if Verisk’s culture is right for you. You’ll have the opportunity to speak with 2 members of our energy recruitment committee, representing various areas of the business. During this time, you will also be asked to complete a short presentation (prep instructions will be provided in advance of interview) and a technical case study.
- Offer: Our committee will meet and discuss your candidacy. Should you be extended an offer, we will advise you of the business and location where your internship will take place.