View job on Handshake
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public and commercial markets with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. We help clients address their toughest challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures with a focus on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that prepare our clients for future growth and success. The company has more than 10,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies. For more information, please visit: www.guidehouse.com.
Position can be based in one of the following locations: Washington, DC; Burlington, MA
The Technology Innovation & Management (TIM) group within Guidehouse’s Energy, Sustainability, and Infrastructure (ES&I) practice, provides technical and market analysis related to the potential for new and emerging technologies to save energy. Additionally, the TIM group supports the development of energy efficiency standards for appliances, lighting, and other commercial/residential/industrial equipment, which save the U.S. more energy each year than all wind and solar power generation combined. This includes examining the impacts of regulations on manufacturers and understanding the technical improvements necessary, and the associated costs, to meet higher performance levels.
As a Consultant in our TIM group, you will support the evaluation, investigation, and analysis of new and emerging technologies that can improve the overall efficiency of buildings or related equipment. Other Consultant project work may include market and technology assessments and advanced technology investigations. The responsibilities of this Consultant staff level position include cultivating and maintaining working partnerships with a diverse set of stakeholders, including government agencies, industry representatives, equipment manufacturers, trade organizations, and efficiency advocates
Specific responsibilities may include:
- Providing detailed fact finding, research, and analysis on energy-related activities
- Assessing technologies and analyzing technology trends
- Modeling the performance of advanced technologies
- Performing statistical analyses; data collection; spreadsheet creation and management
- Developing test methods to help characterize the energy use of various appliances
- Reviewing international test methods and procedures currently used by industry
- Preparing reports, presentations and other documents for clients
We encourage career development and hiring for the long term. As a Consultant, you will follow a clearly defined career path and continue to deepen your specialized industry knowledge and consulting skills. As you develop project management skills and leadership abilities, you will have the opportunity to progress to the Senior Consultant level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or a technical energy related discipline
- Ability to commence working full time within 2-4 weeks
- 1-3 years of directly related working experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment to coordinate work
- Capable of regularly using close visual acuity and operates computer equipment to prepare, analyze and transmit data accordingly
- Ability to work in an office environment
- Currently reside or ability to relocate to Washington DC or Burlington, MA
- No Sponsorship available for this position
- Bachelors degree, awarded no later than December 2020, in either Mechanical, Electrical or Chemical Engineering
- Internships, Co-ops, or fellowships related to any of the following: energy efficiencies, connected & smart lighting, building automation & efficiency
- Strong interest in energy efficiency, laboratory testing, and/or advanced technologies and/or relevant experience in these fields
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proactive and independent work style
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- High degree of self-confidence and determination
- Highly developed organization and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple time-sensitive priorities without diminished effectiveness
- Demonstrated proficiency with spreadsheets, databases, word processing, and slide presentation software
- Strong conceptual, as well as quantitative and qualitative analytical skills
- Work as a member of a team as well as be a self-motivator with ability to work independently
- The successful candidate must not be subject to employment restrictions from a former employer (such as a non-compete) that would prevent the candidate from performing the job responsibilities as described.
- Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
- This position is open virtually to candidates from MA or Washington DC.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities, or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
Rewards and Benefits
Guidehouse offers a comprehensive, total rewards package that includes competitive compensation and a flexible benefits package that reflects our commitment to creating a diverse and supportive workplace.
- Medical, Rx, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Personal and Family Sick Time & Company Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave and Adoption Assistance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Basic Life & Supplemental Life
- Health Savings Account, Dental/Vision & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Tuition Reimbursement, Personal Development & Learning Opportunities
- Skills Development & Certifications
- Employee Referral Program
- Corporate Sponsored Events & Community Outreach
- Emergency Back-Up Childcare Program