Brookhaven National Laboratory (www.bnl.gov) delivers discovery science and transformative technology to power and secure the nation’s future. Brookhaven Lab is a multidisciplinary laboratory with seven Nobel Prize-winning discoveries, 37 R&D 100 Awards, and more than 70 years of pioneering research. The Lab is primarily supported by the U.S. Department of Energy’s (DOE) Office of Science. Brookhaven Science Associates (BSA) operates and manages the Laboratory for DOE. BSA is a partnership between Battelle and The Research Foundation for the State University of New York on behalf of Stony Brook University.
Business Services provides high-quality business services to support the Lab’s research initiatives by participating in cross-functional teams with a focus on risk mitigation and cost management, which is a critical component to the Lab’s success. Led by Chief Financial Officer George Clark, Brookhaven’s Business Services Directorate includes the Budget Office, Fiscal Services Division, Information Technology Division, and Procurement & Property Management Division. The Directorate manages a broad range of financial activities, including the planning and implementation of the Lab’s fiscal matters and its approximately $700 million annual budget.
The mission of the Information Technology Department provides expertise in computing hardware and software support, as well as telecommunications services for the entire Laboratory. The Information Technology Department also investigates, recommends, and automates process improvements to business systems within the Lab community as well as oversees library, publications, records management and technical editing functions.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior Technology Analyst. The successful candidate will work with the Configuration Management Team in creating, testing, deploying and patching software packages to centrally managed computers in an Enterprise Environment. The successful candidate must also have experience working with Active Directory and be familiar with creating and applying Group Policies. Experience in Managing Windows Updates and 3rd Party Patching in an Enterprise Environment and familiarity with Mobile Device Management (MDM) and Mobile Application Management (MAM) using a Configuration Management Solution (i.e., Microsoft Intune or MobileIron) is a plus. Must have excellent customer service skills and the ability to work well as an individual and in a team environment, following documented policies and procedures. Must be a fast learner and highly reliable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating, testing, deploying and patching software packages to centrally managed computers in an Enterprise Environment.
- Troubleshooting of cloud and onsite infrastructure applications including networking, Group Policy and Active Directory.
- Utilize and maintain Virtual Environment to test latest Windows Operating Systems, Software Applications, and related patches.
- Assist with identifying and remediating all Operating System and Application vulnerabilities in an Enterprise Environment.
- Will maintain and use technical expertise and tools to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve service requests in a timely manner and document resolution in BNL’s Ticketing System.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA or BS Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Computer Science. Minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience managing computers in an Enterprise Environment using an Endpoint Management Solution.
- Advanced working knowledge of Windows 10 operating system and Windows 10 Imaging Process.
- Working experience of Active Directory Management.
- Experience with Remote control support tools.
- A valid driver’s license is required.
- Experience in providing superior customer service.
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of MAC OS operating systems.
- Working knowledge of Linux.
- Working knowledge of PowerShell Scripting.
- Familiar with Hard Disk Encryption software.
- Familiarity with VMware vSphere, VMware Workstation, building and maintaining virtual machines.
- Effective at communicating technical information to non-technical users.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Care Plans;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Paid Time-off and Leave Programs (vacation, holidays, sick leave, paid parental leave);
- Lab-funded Retirement Plan;
- 401(k) Plan;
- Flexible Work Arrangements;
- Tuition Assistance, Training and Professional Development Programs;
- Employee Fitness/Wellness & Recreation: Gym/Basketball Courts, Weight Room, Fitness Classes, Indoor Pool, Tennis Courts, Sports Clubs/Activities (Basketball, Ping Pong, Softball, Tennis).
Brookhaven National Laboratory (BNL) is an equal opportunity employer that values inclusion and diversity at our Lab.We are committed to ensuring that all qualified applicants receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a veteran, disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
BNL takes affirmative action in support of its policy and to advance in employment individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.We ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.Please contact us to request accommodation.
*VEVRAA Federal Contractor