Join the Follett Team where employees are valued, respected and offered career paths throughout its many campus locations.
Follett serves over half of the students in the United States, and works with 80,000 schools as a leading provider of education technology, services and print and digital content. We’re higher education’s largest campus retailer and a hub for school spirit and community as we operate over 1,000 local campus and online virtual stores across the continent. We take pride in the fact that for more than 140 years, we have been helping to improve people’s lives by supporting a lifetime of learning and education.
We are looking for a results-driven Email Marketing Specialist to join the Follett team.
Work Location: Virtual / Remote US only
This position is responsible for executing email marketing programs for Follett Higher Education Group’s brands. This position will execute and drive campaigns that align with our consumer lifecycle contact strategies, while owning the associated email planning, design, coding, reporting, analysis and database management responsibilities.
Supports the Director on email marketing programs for multiple brands and departments within FHEG including 1,200+ campus bookstores and associated customers. Responsible for the development, execution, analysis and management of personalized email campaigns, including marketing, transactional and auto-generated triggers. Perform list maintenance and hygiene duties.
Reporting and Monitoring:
Collaborate with eFollett Analyst to initiate and review reports in Adobe Analytics, email platform and other systems as assigned to determine success for each campaign.
Compile and interpret data to allow for real-time marketing responsiveness and agility.
Partner with other internal departments to obtain additional data and context not provided through existing tools; analyze results and make business recommendations based on results.
Initiate email test scenarios and identify criteria to determine under which circumstances such testing should take place; create and maintain test/benchmark database.
Assess ROI and scalability of local and national email marketing campaigns; make recommendations based on results.
Contribute to development of robust lifecycle contact strategies and maintain the communications calendar for all email campaigns. Act as gatekeeper of customer-facing message consistency vis-à-vis internal systems and across all channels; work with manager to create and leverage customer behavioral data effectively.
Maintain current and create new data automation and auto-import processes to reconcile and append customer data from external databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, eCommerce or related business discipline is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience deploying B2C email marketing campaigns; familiarity with Oracle Responsys preferred.
- Subject matter expert on email marketing, email complain and regulations, and email service provider platform functionality required.
- In-depth understanding of email database structures and functionality, as well as experience creating and deploying consumer lifecycle contact strategies.
- Demonstrated analytical skills & familiarity with measurement tools and standards as applies to email/digital marketing.
- Proficient project management skills.
- Experience with integrated email, social media, and mobile marketing campaigns preferred.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite, primarily Photoshop, Illustrator and Dreamweaver preferred.