At ARA, our employees develop systems and technologies that make a real-world impact. As a senior researcher and engineer supporting Electronic Warfare (EW) and cyber Electronic Attack (EA) programs, you’ll play a leadership role in delivering solutions that help safeguard our warfighters and bolster our national security through improved planning, analysis, and decision support.
As a team leader, you’ll help create advanced EW modeling and simulation tools through research, outreach, and coordination with development teams. You will be a key part of the team that works with our government customers, system users, and warfighters to translate their needs into deployed solutions. As an EW Senior Researcher, you will play a key role in the design, development, integration, and deployment of electronic warfare engineering and analytic tools for mission planning and technique assessment.
The candidate we’re looking for will need a solid foundation:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or a related degree along with 7-9 years of relevant experience OR 13-15 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Proficiency in electromagnetics and/or signal processing
- Background in electronic warfare, radar, wireless communications, GPS, and signal processing
- Hands-on programming experience in Java or C/C++ on Linux and/or Windows platforms
Due to the work you’ll perform and interactions with the intelligence community and select DoD programs you will need to be eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment). If you have held an Active Secret clearance or above within the last two years, we want to talk to you!
Electronic Warfare Senior Researcher Responsibilities:
- Develop and demonstrate prototype models, algorithms, and analytic tools in high-fidelity simulations
- Perform technology surveys to gather, develop, and document requirements
- Develop innovative analytic tools for performance estimation of electronic warfare systems and techniques in many-on-many engagements
- Perform trade studies among competing technologies and approaches
- Create, document, and implement software system development plans
Electronic Warfare Senior Researcher Preferred Experience & Skills:
- Experience in system-level software development, micro-services architectures, data schemas, and Model Based System Engineering (MBSE)
- Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler or similar modeling tools
- Radar hardware and waveforms, radar signal processing, tracking
- Wireless communication systems and jamming
- Digital signal processing, probability, and machine learning
- Experience using configuration management systems
- Ability to prepare and deliver briefings to internal and external stakeholders
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.