This role’s primary focus is maintenance, support, workflow analysis, and systems development associated with the software systems, specifically but not limited to the Electronic Health Records System (EHRS).
The Electronic Health Information Analyst analyzes problems to be solved with automated systems. This position is responsible for preparing detailed specifications and providing technical expertise to identify, evaluate, and develop systems and procedures that meet user requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Supports and promotes the mission of the Agency: Foothill Family empowers children and families to achieve success in relationships, school, and work through community-based services that advance growth and development.
· Provides end-user support for the Electronic Health Records System (EHRS) application, including but not limited to: system configuration, setup parameters, change management, and testing and deployment of changes.
· Leads the implementation of add on software pertaining to the EHRS systems as needed.
· Receives, triages, and manages EHRS support requests from the help desk.
· Tracks and documents work and time spent using the help desk system.
· Assists in developing Policies and Procedures around electronic health records and supports and documents the continued use of Foothill Family standards and workflows in the EHRS.
· Participates in the User community, including meetings, testing, training, and support issues.
· Works with Data Business Performance Analysts to assist in back end system reporting and to gain an understanding of EHRS database functions and structure
· Keeps abreast of technological system changes and innovations by maintaining a knowledge base consisting of release notes, system manuals & software enhancements.
· Creates and maintains workflow diagrams based on system functionality to assist in troubleshooting.
· Identifies, recommends, and implements workflow improvements in relation to the EHRS by working with users and vendors.
· Collaborates with Clinical management and other related departments such as QI/QA, billing, intake, and admissions.
· Public speaking and facilitating live presentations in a group or via electronic media.
· Communicates effectively in a culturally competent and diverse consumer population and promotes favorable interaction with managers, co-workers and others.
· Displays sensitivity to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomics characteristics.
· Performs work in a safe manner at all times and ensures that other individuals do not put themselves or others at risk.
· Follows all policies, procedures, and legal mandates, including HIPAA, client confidentiality, releases of information, protected health information (PHI), and client files.
· Ensures performance and behaviors support the Agency’s performance quality improvement (PQI) goals and objectives.
· Reports to work on time and maintains reliable and regular attendance.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Travel to other program locations or offsite meeting sites is required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field preferred; or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
· Administrative background in behavioral health preferred.
· Two to five years of experience in healthcare applications and preferably EHR systems administration and change management.
· Two to five years of experience with Welligent Software – system administration, training preferred. ChildPlus Software a plus.
· Experience working with clinical programs processes and workflows a plus
· Experience with working with and implementing companywide clinical process and procedures changes under the direction of senior and executive management preferred
· Experience working with Department of Mental Health processes, clinical documentation, and billing preferred.
· Demonstrated ability to design and document workflows.
· Demonstrated competency with EHRS implementation, setup, and configuration management.
· Demonstrated team leadership and facilitation is required.
· Working knowledge of project management functions and techniques in order to effectively schedule change requests: utilize project management skills and identify task dependencies and critical paths.
· Possess a high level of understanding of HIPAA, state and federal regulations and guidelines, Agency policies and procedures, and AHIMA best-practice methods regarding maintenance of health records and health information.
· Experience working with remote employee setups and environments helpful.
· Must possess strong business and technical writing abilities.
· Detail-oriented with the ability to analyze and solve problems in a fast-paced, high work volume environment.
· Excellent customer service skills with MDs, Clinicians, Case Managers, Supervisors, and Front Office Users.
· Excellent organizational skills and effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
· Able to clearly communicate expectations, plans, and requirements for a project.
· Self-directed, yet able to work in a collaborative manner with staff and outside vendors, including consultants and project teams.
· Must possess expert computer skills and be able to operate standard desktop tools, including Windows, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio, Microsoft Project, SharePoint, and TeamViewer. Database experience would be beneficial.
· Valid CA Driver’s License and maintains insurability on the Agency’s auto liability policy (including a minimum of 2 years driving experience) and maintains the California state required auto insurance liability limits.
Foothill Family is an Equal Opportunity Employer including individuals with disabilities and veterans.