At CMS, we believe that at the core of our organization are the employees that carry out the Agency’s vision of advancing health equity, expanding coverage, and improving health outcomes.
About the role:
As a Economist, you will perform economic analysis of healthcare financing issues and assess their impact upon CMS programs, the healthcare sector, and the national, state and local economies.
What you’ll do:
- Designs, conducts and performs analyses that address economic issues related to CMMI models, CMS proposed regulations, or final regulations.
- Analyzes and evaluates a broad range of proposals which relate to health care financing and delivery systems and CMMI models, and makes recommendations regarding technical acceptability.
- Provides technical advice to stakeholders on the use of complex econometrics and statistical techniques which may include regression analysis, development of risk adjustment methodologies, and econometric modeling.
- Interprets technical data and prepares briefing materials, memorandums and reports for CMS leadership.
Experience we’re looking for:
(1) Applying statistical, econometric, or financial economic techniques to address or resolve problems.
(2) Conducting studies of cost, use, or outcomes of programs or services.
(3) Preparing written documents (i.e. technical reports, research results, or project summaries) for stakeholders.
In addition to meeting the qualification requirements, all candidates must have the following educational requirements:
Degree: ECONOMICS, that included at least 21 semester hours in economics and 3 semester hours in statistics, accounting, or calculus.
Combination of education and experience: courses equivalent to a major in economics, plus appropriate experience or additional education. Examples of qualifying experience include: individual economic research assignments requiring planning, information assembly, analysis and evaluation, conclusions and report preparation; OR supervision or project coordination of assignments involving a staff of professional economists, and requiring the evaluation and interpretation of economic information; OR teaching assignments in a college or university that included both class instruction in economics subjects and one of the following (1) personal research that produced evidence of results, (2) direction of graduate theses in economics, or (3) service as a consultant or advisor on technical economics problems.
(TRANSCRIPTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION.)
You MUST apply through USAJOBS to be considered.
Come see why over 6,000 employees say CMS is their employer of choice! In addition to dynamic and exciting opportunities, CMS offers generous compensation and benefits programs, an outstanding work-life balance, and most important, the opportunity to give back to your community, state and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. For more information about careers at CMS, visit: https://go.cms.gov/Careers
Apply by 7/21/22!