View job on Handshake
Looking to launch your career in Risk?
Do you enjoy building relationships with clients and colleagues, gathering and interpreting data, and driving innovation? Apply today for a Risk Analyst role in Property Risk Consulting!
New York, NY
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement, reinsurance and health solutions to our clients. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
These roles fall under Aon’s Early Career Development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into; the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits to mentor and develop future leaders of the firm. This 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking to recruit a diverse group of hardworking individuals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions. Additionally, we take into consideration the following:
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to identify problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong research, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong computer skills, including: Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Excel spreadsheets, Word processing, PowerPoint, e-mail and internet tools
- Mathematics and Engineering Principles – using mathematics and basic engineering principles to solve problems
- Ability to understand how buildings are constructed, hazards associated with various occupancies operations, and the ability to apply codes to ensure all are adequately protected.
RISK SOLUTIONS: Risk Analyst
Our Risk Solutions group assesses the risk a company has or could have and mitigates it through the placement of various insurance products and policies. They help clients achieve profit, growth, and continuity by delivering the best tailored and innovative risk solutions.
The Risk Analyst works with colleagues and clients to develop an understanding of the many property risks posed by fire, earthquake, flood, and other Natural Catastrophes. They will assist in making recommendations to the client which will reduce the Total Cost of Risk of the client’s property portfolio. Some of your responsibilities may include:
Property Risk Consultant/Risk Analyst
- Perform property risk control/underwriting surveys for various clients in diverse industries.
- Witness hydrant and fire pump flow tests, analyze sprinkler systems for adequacy, and evaluate special hazards.
- Survey client facilities for fire, smoke, and other property loss potential.
- Consult with clients on ways to control hazards in order to reduce or prevent losses. Influence clients to implement recommendations.
- Communicate to team members on workload, status of projects.
Education & Application Information
Bachelor’s Degree with major in Engineering from accredited college or university. Fire Protection Engineering degree considered a plus. Professional Engineer (LE) License preferred but not required. Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2021 – May 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. We do not offer sponsorship for this position – CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization.
Our Colleague Experience
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.