Aon is looking for a Computer Science Consultant!
New York, NY
About the Position: This is not a software development position, but it does require computer science expertise and technical skills.
Recently voted one of the Best Employer for New Grads by Forbes, we are a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement, reinsurance and health solutions to our clients. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
These roles fall under Aon’s Early Career Development program, known as Launch. Building on the development colleagues receive in the role they are hired into; the Launch program is a supplemental development program for recent college recruits to mentor and develop future leaders of the firm. This 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
Your impact as a Computer Science Consultant
Offering their insights at the intersection of technology and law, our computer science consultants advise attorneys, judges, juries, and companies on the computer science issues in their patent, copyright, trade secret, and electronic forensic legal matters. Consultants work in teams to analyze intellectual property as it relates to software source code, firmware, chips, and robotics, and testify in court or assist outside expert testifiers. Consultants also have the opportunity to develop new products within the team to improve our work.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- Experience with some or all of the following is preferred: C/C++, Java, Python, Linux/Unix.
- Additional pluses include SQL/databases, web frameworks, functional languages, app development, machine learning, understanding of advanced math and algorithms, and experience in computer or electronics design or reverse-engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Impeccable standards of honesty and accuracy; high degree of self-motivation and organization
- Highly articulate and precise English speaking and writing skills
- Strong collaborative skills as well as the ability to work independently
- Creative and inquisitive mindset, willing to think outside the box and explore new technologies
- Undergrad and/or advanced degree from:
- Computer Science department
- or software-friendly Electrical Engineering program
- or computer-oriented mathematics, physics, or engineering program
- Applicants for this role should graduate between December 2021 – May 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above
- Genuine work-life balance (35-to-40 hour work weeks)
- Stable team with meritocratic and intellectual culture
- Interesting and varied casework analyzing technology across many industries
- Excellent compensation and benefits
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
Visit us on IG @AonEarlyCareers to learn more about our culture and hear from our colleagues!
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.