Aon Is Looking for a Catastrophe Data Modeling Analyst!
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions as part of our Reinsurance Solutions line in Bloomington, MN.
This position is part of Launch, our early career development program. The Launch Program was established to mentor and develop future business leaders and “launches” the Aon careers of our campus hires in various full-time positions across the company. This 10-month development program begins every summer and includes in-person sessions, networking opportunities, self-study and global leader calls.
Your Impact as a Catastrophe Data Modeling Analyst
As part of the Catastrophe Management team, you will play an integral role providing analytics support on risk assessment and risk management consulting for Aon Reinsurance Solutions clients, including:
- Run catastrophe modeling software for client and prospect portfolio risk analyses
- Prepare property insurance policy data for catastrophe risk analysis using SQL Query Analyzer and other data conversion tools
- Use financial models to design and manage catastrophe reinsurance programs
- Create professional reports and visualizations to clearly communicate findings to internal and external clients and partners
- Respond to brokers, clients, and reinsurers on issues and questions relating to risk analysis for natural and human-made catastrophes
- Provide real-time loss estimates of actual catastrophic events around the world
- Prepare and send catastrophe risk assessment data to reinsurers and participate in reinsurance market calls
- Assist clients in the understanding of catastrophe risks, sensitivity studies and added analytics based on catastrophe model results
What are we looking for?
We are seeking candidates proficient in analytics and problem solving with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. We aim to recruit a diverse group of hard working individuals who offer varying experiences, backgrounds and strengths to ensure we can continue to offer the most innovative solutions to our clients. We will also take the following into consideration:
- Relevant work or internship experience
- Involvement in extracurricular activities
- Solid understanding of Microsoft products, with intermediate proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint preferred
- Programming experience using SQL, R, or Python is a plus
- Well-rounded communication skills and ability to interact with variety of audiences
- Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage multiple assignments, work well with minimal supervision and meet due dates in a timely manner.
- Prior analytical and problem-solving experience from academic and/or business environment
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and take initiative
- Practical experience with data analysis/clean-up/validation in a work or academic setting
- Potential for temporary or permanent relocation to other Aon offices if desired
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) in Economics, Finance, Math or other similarly quantitative or analytically oriented major or equivalent experience preferred.
- Applicants for this role, which is part of the Launch program, must graduate between December 2021 – May 2022 and have a GPA of 3.0 or above.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.