View job on Handshake
Mission of Diversity Launchpad:
The mission of Diversity Launchpad (RTR’s Summer 2022 Internship Program) is to create opportunities at a high growth company for diverse (BIPOC and women) top talent who want to change the future of fashion. Our program is a launchpad for a diverse and inclusive workforce to make an impact both inside and outside of RTR. We are committed to providing the necessary tools and building a foundation for your careers to take off.
About our Machine Learning Engineering Team:
The ML Engineering team at Rent the Runway creates data products that have tangible effects on our customer experience and internal operations. We own ML projects end to end, from framing which problems to tackle through transforming information from our massive data ecosystem into actionable insights, and ultimately building & integrating algorithms into our network of services in collaboration with our product & software engineering teams.
MLE Internship Overview:
As a Machine Learning Engineer Intern at Rent the Runway, you’ll have opportunities to work on meaningful projects that contribute to the organization’s success while developing your personal and business acumen.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with a team that will keep you constantly challenged and learning new things every day
- Develop and deploy performant algorithms powering customer-facing applications that are core to our business and success
- Collaborate on an impactful project with Machine Learning Engineering team members and other stakeholders throughout the business
- Have a significant voice both in what you work on and how the work is carried out
- Pursuing a Masters/PhD degree (with expected graduation late 2022 or 2023)
- Available to work up to 40 hours a week for 8 weeks from June 13-August 5, 2022. You will be expected to work in person at our office at 10 Jay Street in Brooklyn for up to two days per week.
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Data Science, or a related STEM field
- Able & willing to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Experienced working on a variety of machine learning problems
- Organized and detail oriented
- Innately curious and open minded
- The pay rate for this role is $30/hr. You will work a maximum of 40 hours/week.
- Rent the Runway will also provide a one-time $2,500 housing stipend.
- 11:55 PM EST on Sunday January 16th, 2022
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.