View job on Handshake
Mission of Diversity Launchpad:
The mission of Diversity Launchpad (RTR’s Summer 2022 Internship Program) is to create opportunities at a high growth company for diverse (BIPOC and women) top talent who want to change the future of fashion. Our program is a launchpad for a diverse and inclusive workforce to make an impact both inside and outside of RTR. We are committed to providing the necessary tools and building a foundation for your careers to take off.
About our Data Engineering Team:
The Data Engineering team manages the ingestion of data from a variety of sources into Rent the Runway’s data warehouse (we use Snowflake), including operational data stores, web and mobile event tracking logs, 3rd party APIs, streaming data sets, and FTP transfers. We also provision cloud-based infrastructure and resources (in AWS) to empower the Machine Learning Engineering and Data Science teams to drive key insights from our data.
Undergrad Data Engineering Internship Overview:
As a Data Engineering Intern at Rent the Runway, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a variety of first-class tools for managing and monitoring data workflows. Among the technologies the team regularly works with are Python, Docker, dbt, GitHub Actions, AWS services, Ansible, and Terraform. You’ll get to interact with members across our data, tech, and product teams to get a better understanding of the software development process and see firsthand how technical and business decisions are informed by data.
- Creating robust data pipelines that move data into our data warehouse (Snowflake)
- Writing production-quality Python code; containerizing it using Docker; and deploying it with GitHub Actions
- Working with a variety of AWS services like EC2, ECS, S3, and Kinesis
- Orchestrating data workflow execution in a production environment using tools like Prefect
- Creating, testing, and documenting scalable, reusable datasets for use by the Data Science team
- Partnering closely with internal stakeholders to identify, scope, and fill data visibility gaps
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree (with expected graduation late 2022 or 2023)
- Available to work up to 40 hours a week for 8 weeks from June 13-August 5, 2022. You will be expected to work in person at our office at 10 Jay Street in Brooklyn for up to two days per week.
- Working towards a degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Technology, or related fields
- Comfortable coding in Python or another scripting language
- Working, or have worked with complex data sets, relational databases and/or SQL queries as part of your curriculum
- Excited to learn new tools and technologies quickly
- Able to manage your time and juggle competing priorities
- Organized and detail-oriented
- The pay rate for this role is $30/hr. You will work a maximum of 40 hours/week.
- Rent the Runway will also provide a one-time $2,500 housing stipend.
- 11:55 PM EST on Sunday January 16th, 2022
About Rent the Runway:
Rent the Runway (RTR) is transforming the way we get dressed by pioneering the world’s first Closet in the Cloud. Founded in 2009, RTR has disrupted the $2.4 trillion fashion industry by inspiring women with a more joyful, sustainable and financially-savvy way to feel their best every day. As the ultimate destination for circular fashion, the brand now offers infinite points of access to its shared closet via a fully customizable subscription to fashion, one-time rental or ownership. RTR offers designer apparel, accessories and home decor from 700+ brand partners and has built in-house proprietary technology and a one-of-a-kind reverse logistics operation. Under CEO and Co-Founder Jennifer Hyman’s leadership, RTR has been named to CNBC’s “Disruptor 50” five times in ten years, and has been placed on Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies list multiple times, while Hyman herself has been named to the “TIME 100” most influential people in the world and as one of People magazine’s “Women Changing the World.”
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
RTR is requiring all US corporate employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 in order to work in person, unless an employee requires a reasonable accommodation for medical or religious reasons. If you believe that you may require an accommodation, please apply for any roles that interest you and if hired, you will receive information on how to request a reasonable accommodation after your start date. RTR will evaluate all such requests in accordance with Company policy and applicable law.
Rent the Runway is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.