View job on Handshake
McKesson Corp is a Fortune 7 company and one of the largest providers of medicines, pharmaceutical supplies and health information technology (IT) products and services in the United States with revenues of $208.4 billion in 2018. The company was founded in 1833 by John McKesson and Charles Olcott in New York with a focus on importing and wholesaling pharmaceutical products. United by our ICARE values, McKesson’s 78,000 employees work together every day to make better care possible for patients around the globe.
As the leader in pharmaceutical distribution and supply chain management, McKesson Pharmaceutical delivers vital branded and generic pharmaceuticals, as well as over-the-counter products, to more than 40,000 customers in three primary segments: retail chains, independent retail pharmacies and institutional providers such as hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks and long-term care providers.
All students who participate in the program will be considered for future roles.
- Open to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree related to internship duties or major below
- Duration of internship program will commence in the summer of 2022.
- Continuous learning and tailored on the job training in technology and product development.
- Exposure to senior leadership including but not limited to onboarding, learning and development sessions, and business case presentations.
- Over the course of the internship a project will be assigned
- Paid Internship
- Full time / 10 – 12 weeks.
- This is a hands-on opportunity to gain practical experience in a dynamic and growing industry!
- Not your typical 9 to 5 office job! McKesson is the largest pharmaceutical distributor in the nation where you will learn all functions of the warehouse while also receiving administrative, project and leadership experience.
- Each intern position will work with site leadership on a summer project. This experience will introduce you to team engagement, quality and efficiency improvement, mentoring and so much more.
- The internship program also provides networking, access to executives, structured performance & coaching
Preferred Majors with a People Leading Focus:
- Organizational Leadership, Supply Chain/Logistics, Business Administration, Management, Human Resources, Engineering, Sociology
- Computer proficiency in MS Office
- Excellent and effective business communication skills both verbally and in writing
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and make strong business decisions
- Able to easily engage with people
- Skill at communicating insights and understanding of issues and problems
- Must be open to flexible hours to support McKesson, the team, and our customer; must also be open to adjusting shift as needed based on business requirements
- Interns will collaborate with our cross functional team composed of Operations Managers, Operations Supervisors, Operations Lead and Material Handlers
- Document and present solutions and approaches to supervisors and other members of the team.
- You’ll help us find new ways to make our processes more efficient and consistent. This reduces errors and enhances our productivity
- Assist Operations Supervisors with planning, organizing and directing warehouse activities to ensure successful operations
- Assist with maintaining a positive morale, work standards and developing teams.
- Assist with training and managing associate performance
- Assertively seek solutions to problems at the root level
- Ensure warehouse operations comply with federal, state, and local company policies.
- Assist with controlling expenses
- Ensure warehouse equipment and departments are well maintained and that housekeeping meets company standards
- Resolves problems and sets deadlines to ensure timely completion of work
- Ability to lift 20 to 50lbs repetitively throughout the course of a shift without assistance (weight varies based on product)
- Job requires you to be active (i.e. bend, twist, lift repetitively and work on a concrete surface throughout the shift), as well as walk up to 20,000 steps (10 miles) daily. Are you able to meet this requirement with or without reasonable accommodation?