This position is located in the Department of Energy’s (DOE), Office of Management, Office of Acquisition Management (MA-60). The Director is responsible for procurement and financial assistance systems and operations, as well as the planning, coordination and provision of guidance and support to contractors in procurement, grants, cooperative agreements, financial incentives and general business matters.
The Executive will serve as the Director, Office of Contract Management and ensures the implementation and oversight of the Department’s procurement and financial assistance systems and operations, as well as the planning, coordination and provision of guidance and support to Headquarters, field organizations, and major Departmental contractors in procurement, grants, cooperative agreements, financial incentives, and general business matters to ensure that procurement, sales and financial assistance operations are accomplished efficiently and effectively.
As the Director Office of Contract Management you will:
- Advocate and manage the competition and commercial item advocacy programs in order to identify and eliminate barriers to facilitate greater competition in procurement and expanded use of commercial items.
- Coordinate with Headquarters and Operations Offices to identify and implement the best management practices in each critical area of contractor business systems operations.
- Establish, manage, and administer the processes for developing, evaluating, and administering contractual performance and incentive fee programs in coordination with various Headquarters and Operations Offices.
- Expert in developing and conducting Department-Wide programs (e.g., Procurement Management Reviews; Contractor Purchasing System Reviews) to assess the performance of contracting offices and contractors, and improve the quality, effectiveness and efficiency of procurement, financial assistance, and sales operations.
- Oversee and manage Departmental implementation of the Category Management Program through policy promulgation, process development, education, outreach, customer service, data assurance, and risk management.
Open to U.S. Citizens and Nationals