Haymarket Media, Inc. is seeking a Director, Media Strategist join the Medical Communications Group. This position is located in our New York, NY office.
The role oversees the team of Media Strategists and Sales planners for the Medical Communications Group. You will be working with our experienced sales team to develop proposals and presentations that align with our clients’ strategic imperative while keeping strict standards and consistency. This important role within our award winning group will take ownership of the processes and proactively support your Senior Leadership team in growing revenue and setting up sales campaigns that can be effectively delivered by our Client Success and Ad ops teams. You will provide guidance on media plans and product ideas that best align Haymarket’s values and high standards.
This position is a senior role directing a seven person team, demonstrating initiatives, establishing efficient SOPs and ensuring high profile proposals have been fully thought through. It’s an exciting, fast paced position that enables a high level of strategic communication with our medically educated content team, industry leading technology and the opportunity to grow your team. The role reports directly to the VP of Sales operations.
- Work with the senior leadership team to report performance of the Media Strategist team and alert if any concerns.
- Structure management and education the team, aligning increasing workloads and defining procedures.
- Identify new projects and initiatives as the department continues to grow and adapt to market conditions
- Mentor and educate your direct reports in Healthcare Solutions to ensure career progression and also address deficiencies via performance reviews and regular constructive feedback.
- Achieve smooth communication lines between Media Strategists and Client Success Specialists.
- Work with the VP of Sales Operations to recruit new staff for positions when necessary.
- Approve RFPs produced by the sales planners and media strategists to ensure brand consistency and sales accuracy.
- Take a high level view of the efficiency of the team, communicating with Sales, Editorial, Ad ops and Marketing to gain feedback on the workflow, improving performance and eliminating risks.
- Seek industry knowledge to benchmark against internal workflows and staff productivity.
- During RFP off season, set clear goals for team to optimize their time and prepare for the upcoming year of RFPs.
- Partner with senior management to understand how the sales team are presenting client goals and objectives to brainstorm strategic solutions
- Ensure the Media Strategists own their RFP process for our medical advertisers by creating strategic proposals in response to advertiser requests, including the development and maintenance of: media kits, sales presentations, print and digital media plans
- Uncover and address client needs while highlighting the value and capabilities of Haymarket products
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of all advertising products, inventory, and pricing
- Ensure the pricing and negotiation strategy is established at opportunity level
- Apply data/research to support Haymarket’s value proposition in client-facing recommendations
- Ensure RFPs are being tracked to closed/sold opportunities
- Maintain knowledge of internal processes as they relate to Ad Ops, Marketing and Editorial to provide succinct, comprehensive proposals with attainable goals
- Guide your direct reports as they work with internal teams to build custom audiences tailored for each client’s needs
- Ensure the team is carefully evaluating all RFP materials to accurately interpret client’s objectives
- Innovate more efficient ways of tracking inventory
- Develop general presentation across Haymarket Medical Brands
- Provide Sales & Media Strategists with Toolkits to hold key offerings across our digital and print portfolios
- Packaging of ad sales products and promotions- provide pricing model and rate cards for products
- Research competitive intelligence and proactively present to the to the Sales Organization
Skills and Requirements:
- Relevant industry experience or related work
- Strong communication skills and a logical thinker
- Superior attention to detail and organization
- Advanced Excel and Power Point Skills
- Knowledgeable of the latest digital advertising trends and online media
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced environment
What We Offer:
- A competitive compensation package
- Paid annual vacation, holiday and sick time off
- Comprehensive health plans including medical, dental and vision
- Competitive 401(k) investment options and generous company matching program
- Life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Employee referral awards
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training opportunities through industry-recognized programs
- A creative and passionate workplace and a fun, collaborative team environment
Haymarket has its heart and soul in publishing and media. Since the company was founded half a century ago, Haymarket has always prided itself on being a highly creative business, with an unrelenting focus on the quality of the products and the people. The philosophy has always been quite simple: only by having the highest quality individuals can you produce the highest quality products, combining the best in content, design, production and customer services. Globalization is opening up the world further and provides many opportunities for growth. Haymarket has offices around the world and many of the titles are now truly global brands. Haymarket serves a broad spread of business markets, from marketing to medicine to technology along with exhibitions and live events.
Predicting the shape of the business in 3, 5, or 10 years is almost impossible; and the unpredictability is part of the appeal. Haymarket aims to be the perfect company to work with or for – we have the processes and attitude that ensure quality and consistency, and an entrepreneurial spirit that makes every day rewarding.
An equal opportunity employer, Haymarket Media does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other protected category recognized by state, federal, or local laws.