View job on Handshake
BeyondTrucks is building a modern financial platform for small trucking companies.
Growing a small trucking company is tough: margins are razor-thin, the market is volatile, and operations are complex. With many disconnected tools and clunky processes, small trucking companies lack a system of record to manage and finance their business smartly. To survive, they resort to expensive payment processing and financing, leaving on the table $40B of the $1.5 TN in transactions they handle every year. By offering easy-to-use, smart software for small trucking companies to improve their business, BeyondTrucks creates a digital system of records to facilitate financial transactions seamlessly.
Our founders are serial entrepreneurs Hans Galland, CEO (Stanford GSB, Private Equity) and Dr. Paul Xie, COO & Head of Product (HBS, Apple, Lightelligence) who have proudly assembled some of the best, sharpest, most driven, and diverse people in trucking, finance, and tech.
- Build and oversee fintech operations, including deposit, credit, and lending products.
- Coordinate the development of underwriting standards for KYC and risk-based pricing.
- Work with our banking partners to develop our world-class fleet credit program for SMB carriers
- Develop operational and technical specification documents and design best-in-class products and processes.
- Develop standards for proper accounting, record keeping and regulatory compliance, either independently or with the help of outside resources.
- Be hands-on involved in product decisions for customer origination, underwriting, and process automation reflecting the perspective of customers, capital, and operations.
- Handle (and later oversee the handling) of all applications and funding events
- Recruit, select and oversee a team of operations specialists.
- Work closely with various internal and external stakeholders including sales, customers success, customer support, and product management.
- Use data to discover opportunities, track product performance, and support decision-making.
- Work with CEO on capitalizing credit facilities, selecting service providers or strategic partners, and negotiating agreements.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently- Coordinate product release communications and drive transformational change for the Sales workforce.
The ideal candidate is a highly organized, driven self-starter who will collaborate with our team to build our fintech operations and support the development of new fintech products. You
- Are experienced in SMB banking, finance, or fintech, working for a bank, fintech or financial service provider.
- Have experience in structuring and building operations for credit, debit, and lendingproducts, including all aspects of operational set-up, underwriting, compliance etc.
- Appreciate bridging between technology innovation and traditional finance with its regulatory and cultural constraints.
- Have sharp commercial acumen, deeply understand the concepts of materiality, value at risk, and appropriate attention to detail.
- Possess an acute sense of urgency and can resolve project issues and roadblocks throughout the product development lifecycle.
- Enjoy inspiring talented people with your energy, enthusiasm, and commitment.
- Use your strong communication skills to coral people around disciplined project execution.
- Enjoy working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, by creating products that will make a profound impact on the user.
- Love early-stage start-up work for its creativity, constant product solving and fluidity.
- Are data-minded and analytical.
- 5+ years of Finance or Fintech Operations Management experience, including 3+ years in FinTech.
- Experience building products zero to 1.
- Payments and credit experience with an understanding of players, roles, incentives, and economics.
- Risk and underwriting products.
- Understand product marketing to accelerate GTM motion.
- Understanding of B2B, SMB, logistics or trucking are a plus.
- Have a track record of building teams, scaling operations in conjunction with product shipping schedules.
- Have a track record of creating and conveying compelling product narratives to different audiences, especially within the B2B sectors.
- Have an undergrad or graduate degree from a leading institution.
BeyondTrucks Inc is an equal employment opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity. We do not discriminate against employees or job applicants based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, age, religion, marital status, height, weight, familial status, disability, military service, genetic information, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law
Last updated: 4/14/2022 © BeyondTrucks