View job on Handshake
We are seeking an experienced and accomplished Director to join and lead in our growing organization. As an ideal candidate, you have proven senior management experience in a highly technical setting. Your organizational, communication, and leadership skills are excellent, and you enjoy developing solutions that push innovative boundaries to move the business forward. In this role you will play a key role working closely with executives to develop strategy and long-term plans as well as lead departmental planning and oversight of your team’s progress. You will be tasked with finding innovative ways to enhance productivity while ensuring compliance with all rules and regulations. Candidates should have a strong working knowledge of performance and operations management to optimize productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Serve in a Leadership role in the IT function and in the Denali community
- Directs, manages, and oversees a portfolio of IT Operations project work for delivery excellence
- Leads development and implementation processes for the organizations IT systems and department
- Develop and implement business and technology strategy through goal setting and road mapping in an effective manner
- Establishes technology standards, providing recommendations for improvement of IT infrastructure
- Responsible for hiring, inspiring, supervising, and managing the performance of Managers and Professionals
- Exemplifies leadership in the security of systems, networks, and enterprise information including identifying and continuously eliminating risks
- Continuously analyzes IT infrastructure and systems performance to assess operating costs, productivity levels, upgrade requirements, and other metrics and needs.
- Oversee and coordinate daily work including managing and directing infrastructure services and end-user support functions
- Maintain compliance with relevant internal standards, policies, and external regulations
- Generate and report on progress to the IT team, relevant partners, and the executive team
- Prepare budget analysis and forecasting for financial planning and expense monitoring
- Develops and implements business continuity protocols to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss.
- Facilitates and leads department-wide meetings
Experience and Qualifications
- Masterful technical understanding of computer systems, networks, security, telecommunications, databases, and storage systems
- Solid working knowledge of relevant coding languages, security protocols to enable DevOps and Cloud Services and workloads
- Proven ability to develop innovative solutions for increased productivity
- Proficient in latest technology for IT systems and management.
- Thorough understanding of IT and practical applications to support the company’s goals
- Highly autonomous and capable of developing technology strategy and execution
- Significant work experience leading an IT department including performance and operations management
- Superior knowledge of multiple operational functions and principles, including finance, customer service, production, and employee management; demonstrated experience with finance and budgeting
- Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills, demonstrated by previous professional success
- Proven ability to plan, develop strategies and manage operational process for maximum efficiency and productivity
- Proven ability to collaborate with business partners and a skilled cross-functional communicator
- Strong interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) and leadership skills
- Significant capacity to manage and prioritize tasks, projects, and programs to deliver value
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding team leadership and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Biopharma and public company industry regulations and legislative guidelines
- Superior vendor and consultant management, negotiation skills in both internal and external settings
- 10+ years of leadership in an IT infrastructure role and Bachelor’s degree in information technology, information systems, computer science or related field
- Master’s degree or MBA
- Certifications and continuing education
Denali is committed to its core company value of unity by creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, basis of disability, or any other federal, state or local protected class.