We are recruiting for a Digital Manufacturing Data Scientist, to join the Digital Solutions team, reporting to the Digital Manufacturing Manager. The successful candidate will bring entrepreneurial work ethic and passion to grow in our dynamic new team.
You will work directly with our Customers, within other Caltrol Business Units (BUs), and the Digital Transformation Business Group. You will help build a data science group that will support a large breath of companies in the southwestern US.
You will also be working with Digital Solutions software applications such as Plantweb Optics Data Lake/Inmation and visualizations tools to help deliver integrated data management solutions for our customers. Additionally, you will be helping develop use cases for other systems/software available in the manufacturing automation industry to help support the data needs of our customers.
You will engage with our customers for the entire lifecycle process of those applications, supporting sales efforts through software implementation, and becoming a BU Subject Matter Experts for final customer configuration, as well as lifecycle care/upgrades of those applications.
· Work collaboratively with clients and other Caltrol business partners to determine the data solution needs of various projects.
· Develop data solutions for the business needs of our manufacturing clients using data dashboarding, data structuring, data analytics and/or machine learning.
· Lead design and integration of various data lake and analytics software systems via On-Premise, Virtual and, Cloud-based deployment across all phases of a project.
· Work with Client IT and Networking Engineers to ensure infrastructure requirements for projects are met by client companies.
· Provide support and training for other Caltrol systems engineers to ensure automation systems are designed with data solutions in mind.
· Build and maintain Caltrol development and test systems as well as client demo systems.
· Provide technical support and troubleshooting for data systems internally and at client facilities.
· Lead training activities for client system end users through effective communication, demonstration, and formal instruction.
· Work with digital solutions team, sales, and project managers to provide technical expertise in all phases of a project from proposal to post implementation support.
· Maintain current knowledge of Caltrol family of products, solutions, software, application functionality and the high-level architecture
· Business acumen in a technical environment
· Actively participate in technical project team
· Works independently and is able to guide others
· Ability to contribute and support multiple projects simultaneously
· Maintain strict protection and confidentiality of client data
· Ensure all incidents are responded to and resolved in accordance with established standards and agreements.
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or Engineering with professional experience in data analytics or Master’s degree in data analytics or related field.
· Strong knowledge and understanding of OT and IT applications
· Fluent in common programming and scripting languages (i.e. Python for analytics).
· Experience with database systems such as MS-SQL, Oracle SQL, NoSQL, PostgreSQL, and MongoDB.
· Experience with Cloud Platforms such as Microsoft Azure
· Experience with Historians, Analytics and Visualization Applications
· Valid driver’s license: ability and willingness to travel throughout Caltrol’s territory
· Experience in a digital manufacturing environment
· Experience in industrial software services functions
· Exposure to enterprise level large-scale applications
· Experience in the biological sciences, biotechnology and/or biomechanical engineering
· Experience setting up virtualized systems and network connectivity
· Experience in fixed infrastructure, such as dedicated hardware, virtual machines, switches and firewalls.
QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
· Ability to work independently.
· Communication skills for email, phone and face-to-face interactions with both colleagues and customers
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a bigger team
· Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change, and work under pressure in a multifaceted environment.
· Solid problem-solving skills: ability to skillfully and logically able to perform troubleshooting
· Entrepreneurial work ethic, with a passion for Customer Service
· Strong customer service skills
· Verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively
Monday – Friday 8 to 5 pm. May be requested to work overtime and weekends if needed.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat or cold, and dry air conditions.
Considerable time is spent at a desk using a computer terminal.
The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation. Frequent lifting of weights up to 50 pounds.
Negligible travel required.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.