In order to be considered for this position, you will need to submit an application using the link below. Only candidates with a completed application with be considered for an interview and next steps. Thank you for your interest.
At nVent, we’re looking for people who put their innovation to work to advance our success – and their own. Join an organization that ensures a more secure world through connecting and protecting our customers with inventive electrical solutions.
Early Careers at nVent
Innovation, inclusion, and growth.
By joining nVent, you have the opportunity to help build a more sustainable and electrified world, to be celebrated for bringing your authentic self to work and bring forward bold ideas that drive your personal and professional growth. Our culture of positive energy, integrity and respect will be the fuel you need to launch a purposeful, exciting career. Dream big, expect development and plug into our growing, global community where your diverse skills and talents will be deployed to make a difference in todays electrified world.
Digital Leadership Development Rotational Program 2023
The Digital Leadership Development Program (DLDP) is a three-year rotational program with 12 months spent in each rotation within one or more locations. This accelerated program will provide graduates the opportunity to rotate through several different facets of the digital organization, gaining exposure and valuable development experiences, such as – Data and Analytics and Visualization, Cloud, ERP, RPA, Engineering tools, Digitization of manufacturing, Cyber Security and Agile Program Management.
Responsibilities will range from:
- Defining and documenting requirements/user stories and communicating them to development teams
- Participating as a member of development teams to implement business requirements and initiatives, leveraging Digital’s technology stack
- Providing project status updates to executive sponsors
- Helping to define cost benefit analysis to evaluate investment opportunities
- Leveraging understanding of complex business problems to recommend and implement solutions.
This broad variety of responsibilities will allow the candidate to gain valuable development experiences and leadership exposure within a global organization.
What You Will Experience in this Position:
New DLDP participants will join a cohort of incoming associates from various functions, starting in June 2023 for a week of onboarding and training before starting the first rotation. Other program highlights include:
- Training & Development: Training and development is provided throughout each year of the rotational program, fostering the development of functional competencies, business insight and leadership capabilities.
- Community: Join a community of other early career professionals as you launch your career. A peer-led committee helps to organize social, professional and service-related activities and events for program participants. You will also be invited to join our Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) which offer special events, networking, professional development and volunteer opportunities through the year as a way to promote inclusion and respect and to help us embrace our diversity.
- Mentorship & Networking: Build a network of peers, managers and senior leaders to support your journey and aid your growth. Gain exposure to nVent professionals at every level who will act as formal and informal mentors as you rotate through the program.
- Career Opportunities: The DLDP provides first-hand exposure and experience to accelerate your career journey and is designed to develop high-caliber individuals into future leaders.
At nVent your health and well-being are important to us. As an DLDP Associate you are eligible for nVent’s comprehensive benefits package which includes:
· Relocation benefits to those who qualify
· Paid time off and paid holidays
· Health care plans (including medical, dental and vision)
· Paid time off to participate in volunteer opportunities
· Paid parental leave
· nVent AllnWellness program
· Retirement plan and stock purchase plan
· Flexible, hybrid work environment
· Tuition reimbursement program for continuing education
This position is located at nVent’s Minneapolis (St. Louis Park, MN) office
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT, MIS, data science, business analytics, engineering, math, physics or related field
- Graduating between December 2022 and June 2023 and available to begin full time employment in June 2023
- Authorized to work in the United States without restrictions now or in the future
- Geographic flexibility and willingness to relocate to Minneapolis, MN for the opportunity
- Previous IT internship, club involvement, or related work experience
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills
- Willingness to learn and to work collaboratively with all levels within the organization
- Energy to listen, learn and work in ambiguous situations and to work independently
- Strong work ethic and personal responsibility to see things through to completion
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, PowerBI, etc.)
- Experience with digital business technologies (Cloud, ERP Systems, CRM Systems, etc.)
- Previous leadership experience
- Previous industry-related work experience
- A dynamic global reach with diverse operations around the world that that will stretch your abilities, provide plentiful career opportunities, and allow you to make an impact every day
- Commitment to strengthen communities where our employees live and work
- Core values that shape our culture and drive us to deliver the best for our employees and our customers. We’re known for being:
- Benefits to support the lives of our employees
At nVent, we connect and protect our customers with inventive electrical solutions. People are our most valuable asset. Inclusion and diversity means that we celebrate and encourage each other’s authenticity because we understand that uniqueness sparks growth