Passionate about digital ads?
Ready to become more Optimistic?
As a Digital Ads Strategist, your main role is to craft paid advertising strategies to help our clients achieve search, display, and other online paid advertising success. You’ll work alongside the rest of the Digital Ads Department on both internal and external projects. You’ll assist in mentoring/managing our Specialists (paid interns) and collaborating with our design, SEO/content, and social media teams.
We are looking for an individual based in New Orleans, Atlanta, or Washington, DC, although we do offer flexible workplace options after your first month so you can work from home or in-office based on your day’s tasks.
If you’re looking for a place to grow where your work (and you) will be appreciated and rewarded, you’ll find a home at Online Optimism.
To be considered, you must submit an application and resume at the following link:
We expect the job to be around:
- 65% Digital ads management, including campaign creation, optimization, reporting, analysis, and more.
- 25% Account executive duties.
- 5% Management of Specialists
- 5% Helping your department always optimize.
Digital Ads Management
- Oversee the digital ads management of 3 – 7 of Online Optimism’s Digital Ads accounts.
- Creating SEM campaigns and strategies for agency clients.
- Monitoring and optimizing SEM campaigns to hit client goals and KPIs.
- Developing ad copy.
- Handling client reporting.
- Implementing Google best practices and new features to client campaigns.
- Ably use Optmyzr, and other digital tools to perfect our campaign management.
- Work directly with clients, acting in an account executive role for 2 – 4 of Online Optimism’s clients.
- Collaborate with our other departments to ensure that your main accounts have a consistent, cohesive strategy and message across all their channels.
- Utilize and train new staff on digital ads and the usage of our various tools.
- Oversee Specialists, including setting their goals, handling weekly 1:1s, and providing for their own growth during their time here.
Department of Optimization
- Spot inefficiencies and create new processes to expand on the agency’s bandwidth and resources, related to new business development.
- 2+ years of digital advertising experience
- Google Ads certification
- Microsoft Ads certification
- Google Analytics Individual Qualification
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Experience utilizing Optmyzr or similar tools.
- Microsoft Ads Certifications
- Agency account executive experience.
What’s It Like to Be an Optimist?
An overview of being an Optimist is here:
- Annual salary paid weekly.
- ~ $1,000 Tech stipend (depends on your city.)
- Health and Dental Insurance for you and any Dependents, 50% covered by Online Optimism.
- Vision and Life Insurance, 100% covered by Online Optimism.
- 29 paid days off per year: 15 days paid vacation + 14 holidays. This includes New Year’s Eve + Day, three days for Mardi Gras, Good Friday, Memorial Day, Juneteenth, July 4th, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas Eve + Day. The three days for Mardi Gras, Good Friday, and Christmas Eve + Day are considered floating if desired.
- Unlimited sick time.
- Summer Fridays (which, at our agency, are 4 extra half-days you get over the summer).
- Simple IRA retirement plan, with 3% matching from Online Optimism.
- Casual dress code.
- Endless office snacks. We’re not just talking about fun-size candy bars, either. Kombucha, lox, Red Bull, Clif Bars, organic fruit freezer pops, guacamole…if it’s available at Costco, we’ll get it for you.
- Top-of-the-line computers to work on (in addition to our $50K annual software spend). We’ll get you the tech you need to do your job well.
- Flexible work hours: 8–4, 8:30–4:30, 9–5, or 10–6.
- We cover the cost of any networking groups or events related to your career or skills that you want to work on.
- Annual Company Retreat, rotating between our three office locations.
- Annual Company DEI Training.
- A half-day on your birthday, as long as you wear a birthday hat. Tiaras are allowed.
- Lack of non-compete.
You receive additional benefits after some time at Online Optimism:
- After your first year: Paid Maternity (16 weeks, 100% salary) and Paternity/Adoptive (8 weeks, 100% salary) Leave
- After three years: all expenses paid trip to conferences (assuming, you know, there’s not a global pandemic going on in 2024.)
- After five years: An increase from 15 to 20 days of paid vacation.
Again, to be considered, you must submit an application and resume at the following link: