TO APPLY: Please visit: https://hr.harvard.edu/search-jobs and search on requisition# 58690BR
Administrative Fellow (Development & Alumni Relations)
Job Summary :
OVERVIEW OF ADMINISTRATIVE FELLOWS PROGRAM
Development Data Analyst
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Development Data Operations, the Development Data Analyst is responsible for fulfilling strategic data needs for the Development and Alumni Relations (DevAR) office at the Harvard Graduate School of Design (GSD). The Development Data Analyst maintains DevAR’s existing reports in QlikView, troubleshoots any issues within the reports with potential fixes, and adds new features to meet both strategic and operational needs of the department. This person has a keen eye for detail and an interest in complex database work, and they can thrive both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced work environment.
Position Description :
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Assistant Director to develop reports, software tools, and business process improvements—using Harvard’s Advance and QlikView systems—to meet the needs of the DevAR team as related to fundraising, volunteer management, and alumni relations.
- Maintains DevAR’s existing reports in QlikView, troubleshoots any coding issues within the reports with potential fixes, and adds new features to meet both strategic and operational needs of the department.
- Serves as a liaison to the Harvard University Alumni Affairs and Development’s Business Intelligence team for identifying, testing, and implementing updates to the GSD’s QlikView report applications.
- Performs data analysis and makes recommendations in support of departmental goals and data needs.
- Participates in regular departmental meetings and task forces, and serves on school and University-wide committees when applicable.
- Identifies and performs other necessary data-related duties.
PLEASE NOTE: This position is one-year term appointment.
Basic Qualifications :
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, preferably in a fundraising administration environment.
- Experience with relational databases required.
- Experience with SQL (Structured Query Language), QSL (Qlik Selection Language), or comparable query languages for relational databases management systems required.
Additional Qualifications and Skills :
Additional Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be highly organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- Ability to take initiative, create, and manage projects required.
- Experience with Ellucian Advance preferred.
- Experience with QlikView and/or QlikSense preferred.
- Experience designing user interfaces for Business Intelligence reporting platforms to meet high-level specifications and end-user business requirements preferred.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills with experience writing functional requirements and an appreciation for structured development techniques in conjunction with software release management processes.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an interest in complex database work.
- Is highly organized, flexible, and adaptable, with strong attention to detail and the ability to follow through on tasks.
- Works independently with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
- Embodies a high degree of professionalism and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential materials with sound judgement and discretion.
- Is proactive and self-motivated to learn, ask questions, identify areas of need and opportunities to improve and grow.
- Can establish collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituencies.
- Has a commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive working and learning environment.
Certificates and Licenses :
Physical Requirements :
This position involves frequent use of computer keyboard and mouse.
Working Conditions :
- Candidates must reside in one of the following authorized payroll states: Massachusetts, all of New England, New York, Maryland, and California.
- The Harvard Graduate School of Design is passionate about fostering a diverse, inclusive, respectful, and professional work environment. Applicants of all race, ability, gender expression and identity, sexuality, religion, education, class, national origin, and diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Until our return to campus and full operational status, which is still to-be-determined, this interview process and position will take place in a modified manner—including virtual interviews, remote onboarding, and remote work.
- In order to be considered for this role, a cover letter is required. Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States now and in the future. We regret that we cannot sponsor a work visa.
Additional Information :
ADMINISTRATIVE FELLOWS PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS
On your cover letter, please write a Statement of Purpose/Interest that briefly describes your professional and academic interests as related to employment with Harvard University, and more broadly, the field of Higher Education and how participation in the Administrative Fellowship Program can help advance these interests. Be sure to explain:
1. Why you are seeking a Fellowship
2. What you hope to gain from the experience
3. How you might contribute to the hiring department
Commitment to Equity, Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging :
Harvard University views equity, diversity, inclusion, and belonging as the pathway to achieving inclusive excellence and fostering a campus culture where everyone can thrive. We strive to create a community that draws upon the widest possible pool of talent to unify excellence and diversity while fully embracing individuals from varied backgrounds, cultures, races, identities, life experiences, perspectives, beliefs, and values.