View job on Handshake
Self-Help Federal Credit Union (SHFCU) offers a paid 14-week summer internship program for undergraduate college students. The internship is designed to give candidates a unique hands-on experience in the not-for-profit credit union/financial industry. This internship will provide an opportunity to collaborate with other SHFCU teams and community leaders providing valuable skills to create a foundation and network for success.
In collaboration with local management, intern will support development activities and identify networking/outreach opportunities to help build deposits for Self-Help Federal Credit Union, particularly in Pasco, Yakima, and East Wenatchee and surrounding counties.
- Collaborate with and support staff working on development opportunities for deposit raising to amplify their work.
- Research and develop background information dossiers on prospects to aid development staff in relationship building efforts and tactical approaches for targets.
- Research and identify opportunities for outreach and networking aligned with Self-Help mission.
- Research, identify and compile list of prospects for deposit raising targeting, for instance: Homeowner & Neighborhood Assns., vetted lists from journals/web, prospect lists from managers; financial advisors, etc.
- Design flyer(s), presentation outline and call script for in-person, virtual meeting or telephone engagement.
- Help identify and plan handout, mailing, Internet, and phone call outreach and follow-up tactics.
- Track follow-up efforts and update databases.
- Participate in meetings, events, and other opportunities outside the branch office.
- Provide Independent research
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Maintain a professional, courteous, and respectful demeanor with internal and external members, staff and partners.
- Exhibit a strong desire to build rapport and provide exceptional services.
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Attention to detail and accuracy
Credentials, Experience and Skills:
- Experience/facility with personal computers, including customary on-line (web), text and spreadsheet systems and software.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Self-starter, and able to work independently.
- Strong organizational and critical thinking skills
Frequently requires use of manual dexterity and repetitive motions, primarily with the wrists, hands, and/or fingers. Must be able to occasionally lift and exert force of up to 40 pounds.
Self-Help is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons, regardless of race, religion, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression (including transgender status), age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, class, or family status.