Closing Date: 1/28/2022
Salary (Anticipated Salary): $25.61 – $58.21 per hour
Job Type: Hourly Intermittent
Work Hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
Work Location: DoIT/DHS 100 South Grand Ave E Springfield, IL 62762
Job Identification #: 28-22-016-10709
Job Vacancies: 1
****A RESUME IS REQUIRED FOR THIS JOB POSTING****
Under the direction of the Unit Supervisor: functions as a senior analyst independently performing tasks of a complex nature which includes the analysis and evaluation of system requirements using online and batch processing, IMS, DB2, JCL, COBOL (including some Telon), Easytrieve, and various system utilities. As the system analyst primarily for the Child Care Tracking System (and others), assists with conversion to SAP, confers with user groups to establish MIS requirements and ensures that user requirements are implemented. Assistance on the childcare help desk will be needed.
- Providing a variety of new reports/files as requested. These jobs will need to be put into production for repeated runs. These jobs will require working with JCL, COBOL, Easytrieve, IMS, DB2 databases, and online and batch programming.
- Timely childcare payments are ordered by the Illinois court system. Ensuring the CCTS nightly cycle runs successfully and correcting errors when necessary is imperative. Supporting the CCTS system will require working with JCL, COBOL, Easytrieve, IMS, DB2 databases, and online and batch programming.
- Meeting deadlines and assisting with the conversion to SAP are expected. Supporting SAP will require using JCL, COBOL, Easytrieve, IMS, DB2 databases, and online and batch programming.
- Knowledge and skill equivalent to four (4) years of college with coursework in computer science.
- Five (5) years of responsible experience in IBM mainframe programming.
- Experience working with JCL, COBOL, Easytrieve, IMS, and DB2 databases and IMS online and batch programming.
- Requires working knowledge of Telon.
- Requires strong analytical skills and good communication skills both, orally and in writing.