DevOps Analyst, New York, NY
The successful internship candidate will join Instinet’s DevOps & Engineering team, a group of highly skilled software engineers who partner with the firm’s development, support and infrastructure groups to solve engineering problems that cut across different product streams. Instinet is committed to continued investment and modernization of our industry-leading electronic trading platform and would like to embrace a “DevOps” culture to focus on the automation and continuous improvement of our bespoke trading systems.
The DevOps & Engineering team provide an integrated platform that supports every stage of the software development lifecycle: planning, coding, building, testing, releasing, deploying, operating and monitoring software. This opportunity is ideal for candidates who wish to gain a broad understanding of the application of software and technology across a financial services company.
· Developing tools to integrate with the Instinet platform with a focus on monitoring and automation
· Collaborate with development teams to automate and improve the development and deployment activities
· Construct pipelines to automate the continuous integration and continuous deployment of applications
· Identify opportunities to simplify the deployment and containerization of our application stack
· Strong grasp of modern Python and best practices, including build tooling and testing
· Thorough understanding of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery methodologies (we are using GitLab)
· Competent in the use of Linux-based operating systems and scripting languages
· Familiarity with containerization technologies (Docker)
· Working knowledge of Git or similar distributed version control systems
Enrolled in or pursuing a Bachelor’s (junior or senior year), Master’s or PhD degree in Computer Science or related fields.
HOW TO APPLY
Send resume along with a cover letter specifying the role/location you are applying for to email@example.com