View job on Handshake
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protect the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. They manage the Bank’s risks and help to avoid unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, they also advise on ethical conduct, governance issues and keep our organization up-to-date on regulatory and political challenges.
AFC’s Mission is:
· To be a trusted and respected independent control function that aims to protect the bank from financial crime risk.
· To establish a proactive framework to prevent, detect, investigate and report bank-wide financial crime risk events
Deutsche Bank (DB) is committed to the highest standards of control in the areas of Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC) and Anti-Fraud (collectively referred to as Anti-Financial Crime (AFC)). All employees are required to adhere to these standards to protect DB and our reputation from those who may intend to use our products and services for illegal purposes including, but not necessarily limited to, money laundering, bribery, corruption, fraud and/or Terrorist Financing.
The purpose of the AFC Monitoring and Screening division is to ensure that the transaction monitoring systems it is tasked with surveilling are at all times being used in accordance with the legal and regulatory Anti-Money Laundering framework within the Americas and to escalate issues of concern to AML Management in a timely manner.
Role reports to the Americas Threat Analytics Manager in NY as part of the wider AFC Team. As part of team, focus will be projects to develop new techniques identifying outlier risk behaviors and optimization initiatives for risk management/reporting.
· Analyze behaviors for potential Anti-Money Laundering related activity
· Individual contributor in developing quantitative and qualitative models for AFC
· Perform threat analysis and develop threat models applying machine learning, classification models, clustering, decision trees, time series regression, ensemble models and stochastic statistics
· Usage of data/information management ie.big data analytics technologies and machine learning methods
You will be/have:
· Undergraduate with post graduate studies in quantitative area
· Understanding of financial, compliance, legal and/or regulatory industry
· Knowledge in analytics tools, machine learning / AI languages and algorithms (e.g. R, Python, SQL)
· Engineering experience and or project course work using large data systems on SQL, Hadoop, etc.
· Understanding of graph analytics
· Excellent written & verbal communication skills
· Strong interpersonal skills, professionalism and teamwork awareness
· Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital / civil partnership status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, color, sexual orientation or disability.