Job Description: Deputy Get Out The Vote (GOTV) Director
Reports to: Get Out The Vote (GOTV) Director
Salary: $70,000-$75,000/annually, Plus see below for details on the DPW generous benefits package
Start date: As Soon As Possible
Location: Madison, WI
Application Deadline: 6/1/2022 (Applications are considered on a rolling basis. Deadlines may be shortened or extended as necessary. There is no guarantee this posting will remain open until the deadline or be closed on the deadline. This is a suggested timeframe based on organization needs.)
About the Democratic Party of Wisconsin: WisDems is nationally recognized as one of the country’s highest-performing and most pivotal political organizations. In the 2022 election cycle, WisDems will continue to build a massive program to re-elect Governor Tony Evers, defeat Ron Johnson to ensure a Democratic US Senate majority, elect candidates up and down the ballot in spring and fall elections alike, and advocate on policy issues. WisDems’ work is grounded in inclusion, respect, and empowerment across race, gender, other dimensions of identity, and the rural/suburban/urban divide. Our work continues year-round, collaborating with partners to build a movement that delivers meaningful change for all Wisconsinites. We seek outstanding applicants who share our values and vision to join the team, help win elections, and build a future where everyone can thrive.
The Opportunity: As a Deputy GOTV Director, you will work cross-departmentally to support in executing & coordinating direct voter contact efforts. You will be responsible for executing a GOTV program that will work to elect Democrats up & down the ticket. The ideal applicant works well in fast-paced environments, can effectively communicate within our team and across departments.This position requires some flexible hours and eagerness to assist on any task.
- Design and execute the statewide GOTV plan in partnership with our Coordinated, Organizing, Voter Protection, Data, Operations, and Coalitions leadership.
- Assist GOTV Director in planning logistics with the Operations team to ensure we have the resources prepared and necessary to win.
- Prepare and execute necessary GOTV programs, including packet production.
- Work with GOTV Director & cross-departmentally to ensure that all departments are aligned around GOTV goals, Direct Voter Contact efforts and program needs.
- Track and manage staging location and office preparedness for GOTV across the state.
- Monitor and respond to all GOTV-related needs within the campaign.
- Assist with other tasks and projects as assigned by the GOTV Director & Coordinated Campaign Director.
- Growth Mindset – Ability to take and implement feedback.
- Relentlessly Goal-Oriented – Enjoys working toward and achieving ambitious goals. Keeps calm in stressful situations. Has the capacity and willingness to work long hours during peak season, rolling up their sleeves and getting the work done.
- Cultural Competency – Able to build authentic relationships across lines of difference, such as race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, class, ability, gender identity, citizenship status, or other identities. Understands how to take an inclusive lens into all aspects of work.
- Previous Organizing Experience – Demonstrated ability to manage a large and diverse organizing team to achieve high goals in high pressure, rapidly changing circumstances, such as Get Out the Vote.
- Technical Proficiency – Must be Votebuilder (VAN) & Excel proficient.
- Strong Interpersonal Communication Skills – Namely, can connect with others, motivate & quickly gain trust with volunteers, staff, community members, stakeholders, and coalition partners, including, in particular, across lines of difference.
- Dedicated to Democratic Values – Desire to fight for Democratic values and candidates; Highly motivated to achieve winning results.
- Access to reliable transportation and a willingness to travel frequently.
Benefits: Great benefits including; excellent health care ($1/month), dental ($1/month), vision ($1/month), life insurance (free), short term and long-term disability (free), free Better Help virtual therapy, free Calm premium subscription, monthly cell phone stipend, 10 days paid vacation, retirement plan with 3% employer match, 3 floating holidays, 9 paid holidays, plus more!
Equity and Inclusion: The Democratic Party of Wisconsin has a vision for a deeply inclusive and diverse party organization, membership, and electorate. In order to be successful at the Democratic Party of Wisconsin candidates must have the cultural competence to successfully work with a diverse array of constituency groups. We especially strongly encourage applicants with close ties to Black, Indigenous, AAPI, Latinx, Muslim, non-English-speaking, disability, and LGBTQ communities. The Democratic Party of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note on COVID-19: Candidates will be required to show proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 upon commencing employment, except where prohibited by law. Reasonable accommodations due to disability, medical condition, or bona fide religious belief will be considered on a case-by-case basis for exemptions to this requirement in accordance with applicable law.