Miami Dade College, North Campus is now accepting applications for the Department Chairperson, Mathematics position. The Department Chairperson provides academic leadership and serves as an integral member of the College and Campus administrative team by working closely with other Chairs, the Academic Dean, and Campus President.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes and evaluates departmental policies and procedures
- Provides professional development opportunities for all employees in the department
- Ensures the effective implementation of the faculty advancement process and adheres to the collective bargaining agreement
- Teaches at least one (1) course within the discipline per academic year
- Implements student-centered instructional programs in the classroom and labs
- Provides leadership for the mathematics academic support areas and programs
- Supervises the development/review of curricula consistent with current research
- Ensures departmental compliance with SACS accreditation guidelines
- Develops semester course schedules and faculty assignments
- Provides program information and ensures the availability of advisement services for students
- Facilitates the resolution of issues and problems that may arise between faculty, staff and students
- Prepares and maintains departmental budgets, labs, and equipment
- Participates in the development and implementation of College policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in Mathematics, Science, or related field and a minimum of five (5) years of combined experience in Education.