Are you passionate about working for a company with an unparalleled commitment to diversity, sustainability and our communities? Join us as a Data Scientist on our Dell Technologies Services team in Round Rock, TX or Hopkinton, MA (or remote) to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
Dell Technologies Services (DT Services) is an organization within Dell. DT Services provides support and extended warranty services, managed deployment, enterprise installation, and configuration services for both Enterprise and Client customers. It is one of the most strategic and profitable organizations in the company, and it is currently experiencing explosive global growth. DT Services is made up of marketing, sales operations, finance, engineering, and global operations teams that include customer service, supply chain, and professional services.
What you’ll achieve
- Be a part of a large passionate data science community that’s always sharing new learnings, best practices, and a helping hand.
- Dell values creativity and innovation. Dell encourages, supports, and rewards new ideas through an established patent application process.
- Flexibility in where you work. Dell is committed to supporting on-site, remote, and hybrid working arrangements.
- As a Data Scientists in Applied Data Science and Engineering organization, you will be part of efforts that will use data science to enable services technology to address the most intriguing and complex business questions. This role will give you an opportunity to work on diverse set of solutions and technologies- recommendation engines, anomaly detection conversational AI, telemetry Intelligence, Natural language processing, Digital Twins, Graph, Edge, Cloud alongside a highly technical and established team of data scientists, data engineers and ML engineers as well as core business stakeholders to deliver end-to-end data science solutions.
- Apply a broad range of techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, and business intelligence to deliver actionable business insights from our data
- Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed
- Conduct analyses that include data gathering, data processing, data modeling, ongoing deliverables, and presentations
- Work with large, complex, and structured/unstructured data sets
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines iteratively to provide insights at scale
- Collaborate with Data Engineering and Machine Learning Engineers to deliver end-to-end production applications
- Develop a comprehensive knowledge of Dell data structures and metrics, advocating for changes where needed for product development
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations with effective presentations of findings at multiple levels of stakeholders through the visual displays of quantitative information
- DEVELOP and applies a broad range of techniques and theories from statistics, machine learning, and business intelligence to deliver actionable business insights to prospects and customers based on large-scale data
- PERFORM end-to-end steps involved in model development, while establishing subject-matter expertise in key horizontal or vertical themes
- EXECUTE preliminary data exploration, data preparation steps and variable/algorithm selection as well as model development/validation and scoring
- DRIVE and develop testing of algorithms efficacy for differing analytical use-cases
- DELIVER results and presentations in a timely manner
- DESIGNS definition of project use-cases, scope definition, and ongoing interaction with external customers to provide status updates and shares analytical insights
- GENERATE new product requirements to enhance the intelligence capabilities of the core platforms, existing products, in alignment with emerging subject-matter expertise
Take the first step towards your dream career
Every Dell Technologies team member brings something unique to the table. Here’s what we are looking for with this role:
- Bachelor’s (BA or BS) candidate in Computer Science, Data Science, Natural Sciences, Engineering, or related field
- Graduating in the time frame of December 2021 – June 2022
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with machine learning methods such as forecasting, association rules, classification, clustering, and/or regression analysis
- Strong statistical analysis and problem-solving skills
- Experience with database ETL and data visualization
- Strives for professional development with the ability to work in a team environment
- Creative, with a willingness to present data that may challenge the status quo
- Keen technical aptitude balanced with an ability to communicate with business stakeholders
- Expertise in programming languages such as python or R, and database languages such as SQL
- Must be comfortable working with global teams spread across multiple regions
Here’s our story; now tell us yours
Dell Technologies helps organizations and individuals build a brighter digital tomorrow. Our company is made up of more than 150,000 people, located in over 180 locations around the world. We’re proud to be a diverse and inclusive team and have an endless passion for our mission to drive human progress.
What’s most important to us is that you are respected, feel like you can be yourself and have the opportunity to do the best work of your life — while still having a life. We offer excellent benefits, bonus programs, flexible work arrangements, a variety of career development opportunities, employee resource groups, and much more.
We started with computers, but we didn’t stop there. We are helping customers move into the future with multi-cloud, AI and machine learning through the most innovative technology and services portfolio for the data era. Join us and become a part of what’s next in technology, starting today.