Hyper-Accelerating the Internet of Value.
We champion the builders of tomorrow by providing the infrastructure, tools, services, programs and support for creation on one of the world’s fastest, most sustainable and consistently reliable public blockchain – XRPL. By supporting an open community of developers, they can advance the solutions and innovation needed to allow businesses, consumers, institutions and governments to fuel the engine of a new digital economy.
RippleX operates on the belief that realizing the Internet of Value hinges on how easily new technology works for more people, and how effectively we can change the way the world operates today.
RippleX is helping more people participate in the digital economy through:
- Practical support and capabilities to develop applications that move digital value faster and more easily
- Empowering a community that’s democratizing the digital economy
- The expertise of a technology company that is known for vision and pragmatism
- Blockchain infrastructure that is supported by RippleX and owned by everyone
We have a big vision and the ambition to match. We are seeking the same in engineers. You also see the huge potential of this technology and have the entrepreneurial spirit and technical excellence to realize the vision we have. There is a lot of work to get there but we are committed to building out the best team to achieve this.
For this role, we are looking for motivated individuals with an expertise in DeFi, Web 3.0 and financial engineering. As one of the foundational members of our research team, this high-impact role gives you a great opportunity to shape the vision for the team & its future.
*This role can be full time remote.
- Reason through the emerging trends in DeFi & Web 3.0 space and identify (non)obvious opportunities for XRP ledger
- Proactively explore and evaluate protocols that can help the team create new or improve existing financial products and primitives on XRP ledger
- Provide expert review and guidance to the leadership to ensure business & strategic alignment
- Design & write technical specifications and academic papers for innovative features/applications; thus, advancing the state-of-art
- Design and develop proof of concepts and work with the protocol engineering team to implement your research
- Set milestones for timely and on-budget completion of high-quality deliverables
- Be a representative of Ripple research in the community via active participation in standards bodies, academic conferences, social media, organizing and participating in workshops, hackathons, etc.
- Work with the teams across the broader organization, including engineering, product, legal, compliance, finance, and business development to think beyond the technical design in delivering the best experience for our developers’ community
- Working knowledge of the crypto ecosystem including Layer 1s, Layer 2s, DeFi and Web 3.0, and knowledge of traditional financial products & markets. Understanding of XRP ledger is preferred, but not required
- Experience in quantitative analytics/research in traditional finance or crypto
- An open-minded research approach and genuine intellectual curiosity with a mindset of continuous learning
- Strong communicator, well versed in communicating to varied audiences
- Attention to detail and a commitment to excellence
- You thrive on autonomy, responsibility and owning your work, end to end
- A positive attitude and a passion for sharing knowledge within your team, organization and broader community
- 1-2 years of relevant research & development experience in academic and/or industry settings
- A degree in a technical area (i.e.,applied mathematics, engineering, computer science, or finance).
- Working knowledge of Python, C++, or other coding languages.
- Direct experience working in crypto.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match), commuter benefits
- Industry-leading parental leave policies
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite programs
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Employee giving match
- Modern office in San Francisco’s Financial District
- Fully-stocked kitchen with organic snacks, beverages, and coffee drinks
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Team outings to sports games, happy hours, game nights and more!
Ripple is flexible-first: Ripplers have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination.
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, London, Mumbai, Singapore, São Paulo, Reykjavík, Washington D.C. and Dubai.