View job on Handshake
The Database Analyst I administers and maintains multiple databases. Applies functional knowledge to solve database related problems. Responsibilities include maintaining database systems functionality, availability, security, and performance. Due to the nature of this position, and the requirement for production system availability, this position may occasionally be required to work hours outside of a regular schedule. #ITatIDA
- Provides operational support and maintenance to ensure database systems functionality, availability, security, and performance in both unclassified and classified environments.
- Writes relatively modest queries and stored procedures.
- Manages and enhances multiple complex, clustered database environments.
- Applies knowledge of database design to optimize performance.
- Executes upgrades of the database environment
- Monitors adherence to policies, procedures and standards relating to database management.
- Maintains data security and integrity features.
- Troubleshoots relatively modest database related problems, often in close coordination with system developers/system owners.
- Supports disaster recovery procedures.
- Provides consultations to system developers and researchers on simple database related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or related field with one year minimum experience in Information Technology OR high school diploma with three years of experience in Information Technology.
- Technical and operational knowledge in managing and supporting relational database management systems, preferably Microsoft SQL Server, a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft’s .Net web/client-server development environment and IIS a plus.
- Must be organized, self-motivated and able to work with moderate supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form and with all levels of employees; possess good interpersonal skills.
- Must be willing to occasionally work hours outside of a regular schedule.
- Ability to obtain and maintain DoD 8570 IAT II certification is a plus.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check is required.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
IDA is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a fair recruiting process and working environment free from discrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Click here to learn more about IDA’s commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.