As a Database Administrator at Myriad Genetics, you will be a key member of a team building state of the art applications utilizing cutting edge science and technology. This position will manage the integrity, reliability and scalability of the databases for our multi-tiered business application, data warehouse, and ODS. Incumbents will be asked to leverage their skills in database design and configuration; quality, functionality and performance will be in high demand. The applicant must be detail oriented.
- Work closely with the Product Development teams to develop schemas to maintain high performance, reliability, and scalability
- SSIS software installation, upgrade and support
- Work closely with the Enterprise Data Management team to scale out the Operational Data Store and data warehouse for reporting needs present and future
- Act as a subject matter expert to ensure upgrades synergize properly among data stores
- Aid the Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) team in leveraging SQL technologies to provide maximum throughput and performance
- Work with the SRE team to increase the efficiency and repeatability of automated deployments
- Perform regular reviews of our existing database servers and help prepare for future needs based on the data growth trends
- Periodically assess and tune database performance
- Hands on ETL development utilizing SSIS Catalog
- Working experiences in design and modeling normalized and dimensional databases
- Develop, manage and maintain data models, including physical and logical as necessary to meet new and changing business requirements
- Design, implement and maintain database objects (tables, views, indexes, etc.)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 or higher
- Query plan analysis and tuning
- SQL database performance monitoring
- Index optimization on SQL databases
- Database replication and mirroring technologies, Always-On availability groups.
- SSIS management and creation
- ETL development and best practices
- Implementation and usage knowledge of staging environments for transforming data
- Strong reporting data structure knowledge
- Excellent time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work effectively under tight timelines and schedules
- Ability to work independently and as a contributing team member
- Ability to sense the importance or impact of issues and situations and take appropriate actions
- Must be flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet corporate and departmental goals
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- SQL Server Data Tools
- Qlikview and/or Business Intelligence application experience
- Automation of database deployment
- NoSQL or Document Database knowledge
- Data mart and Data Lake setup and implementation
- Familiarity with Oracle Databases a plus
- Familiarity with Cloud Database technologies, AWS/RDS or Azure cloud database platforms
- Knowledge of Big Data Clusters and their use in Data Warehousing and analytics
- High availability deployments
- Disaster recovery procedures
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; talk; or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop; kneel; or crouch. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and depth perception.
Myriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company’s website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.