Date: Feb 1, 2022
Location: Waterloo, Iowa, US, 50704
Company: John Deere
At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith’s shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
Primary Location: United States (US) – Iowa – Waterloo
Function: Data Science & Analytics
Title: Data Wrangler – 80787
Onsite/Remote: Onsite Position
This position is eligible for a flexible work schedule arrangement at the present time. The arrangement may be delayed for training or other job acclimation purposes and remains subject to change.
Visa sponsorship is NOT available for this position.
As a Data Wrangler for John Deere Large Tractors located in Waterloo, IA, you will….
- Support Machine Health Analytics with locating and acquiring data from existing data locations
- Organizing and cleaning data to remove quality issues and improve downstream utilization
- Build reports to visualize data for improving Expert Alert ideation and execution and DTAC efficiencies
- Monitor Expert Alert Quality Dashboards and identify issues to improve Expert Alert Quality
- Owner and contributor to a centralized function library to improve expert alert and coding efficiencies
What Skills You Need
- Demonstrated skills with data analytics and advanced data gathering
- Robust personal communication skills, written and verbal
- Proven experience working with data visualization tools such as Tableau, Power BI, and/or Qlikview
- Experience working within cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of data tools and data management practices, example working with cloud-based data sets
What Makes You Stand Out
- Knowledge of John Deere vehicle data and telematics tools
- Knowledge and experience working with the John Deere Dealer network
- Large Tractor telematics, Customer and Product Support, or Engineering Experience
- Programing language experience with one or more of the following: SQL, Python, R
- Experience diagnosing engine, electrical, hydraulic, and drivetrain systems either on-road or with off-road equipment
Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Agricultural Systems, or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, or Agricultural) or equivalent degree