The Center for Retirement Research at Boston College is seeking a Data Specialist to assist with data collection and quality control. This is an entry-level position with significant opportunity to learn new skills.
Under the direction of the Director of State and Local Research, the Data Specialist will:
- Contact public pension administrators by email and phone to obtain financial reports
- Extract key information on public pension plans from financial reports and input into Excel
- Conduct data quality control measures using Excel and manual review
- Upload and manage data on the PPD website using WordPress
- Triage data requests and other communications made through the PPD website
- Assist CRR researchers with miscellaneous data request as-needed
- Occasionally post updates and communications to the PPD social media account
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a social science
- Coursework in statistics, finance and/or economics
- Demonstrated interest in learning about public policy or finance
- Strong communication and organizational skills, with some analytic/quantitative aptitude.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel and/or GoogleSheets
- Motivation to learn website management (WordPress).
How to Apply