TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. Our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. TikTok has global offices including Los Angeles, New York, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Mumbai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul and Tokyo.
As a Data Scientist University Graduate, you’ll have the chance to work with our clients and teams to address key business problems and identify areas of growth for the company. With your education and experience, you will be able to take on real-world challenges from day one.
By applying to this position your application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Mountain View, CA and Los Angeles, CA.
Application deadline: February 15th, 2022
Candidates can apply to a maximum of two positions and will be considered for jobs in the order you apply. The application limit is firm and includes all campus jobs globally. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and we encourage you to apply early.
• Business Risk Integrated Control
• Data Analytics – TikTok
• Privacy and Data Protection
• TikTok Data
• Use data to identify trends, conduct root cause analysis and suggest potential opportunities for gaps and improvements
• Design, develop and maintain product reports, dashboards and the associated data pipeline to deliver insights and improve the workflows
• Collaborate with members of XFN teams and key stakeholders (e.g., data engineers, domain experts, product team) to optimize overall adoption and project’s goals.
• Develop comprehensive product metrics and quantitative measurement structure based on product stages and business purposes.
• Measure and visualize the effectiveness of product updates, conduct research and analysis on various processes to identify business problems, and further provide optimization suggestions to improve operating efficiency
• PhD in Computer Science or related fields or equivalent practical experience
• Proficiency in SQL, R, Python
• Familiar with machine learning and deep learning modeling approaches
• Understanding of data modeling and statistical analysis techniques, including: hypothesis testing, model evaluation, and common regression and classification algorithms.
• Solid communication skills across technical and non-technical audiences and the ability to synthesize and communicate complex concepts and analyses in easy to understand ways.
• Solid collaboration skills with the ability to work effectively with internal teams in a cross-cultural and cross-functional environment
• Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
• Demonstrated data science or quantitative analysis experience from previous internship, work experience, etc.
• Demonstrated experience handling terabyte size datasets, applying statistics and machine learning techniques and algorithms, using visualization tools to present data.
• Demonstrated success in leading data-driven projects from definition to execution, from defining metrics to communicating actionable insights
• Understanding of deep learning, or distributed computing (Hive/Hadoop).
• Familiar with large data processing/storage tools such as Kafka, Flink, Spark, ElasticSearch, Redis, Hbase, Cassandra, Druid etc
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We believe individuals shouldn’t be disadvantaged because of their background or identity, but instead should be considered based on their strengths and experience. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or an accommodation, please reach out to us at Accommodations-AMS@tiktok.com.