Develops mathematical models and algorithms, implements them in prototype software, and conducts analyses to evaluate effectiveness leading to world-class profitability models. Work with business and IT leaders to collaborate on systems design, analysis, solution definition, data provisioning, documentation of improvements and new capabilities of a profitability dashboard. Operates in a fast-paced agile environment, provides solutions with minimal documentation, and operates without role boundaries. Ensures quality assurance by applying prescribed testing practices and tools.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS / PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Develop and implement analytics-enabled solutions to improve business process, generate insights, and support business goals.
- Develop KPIs, metrics, trend tracking, prediction and forecasting models.
- Own and deliver complete predictive and prescriptive modeling projects in cloud-based software (e.g., Apache Spark) to leverage distributed computing capabilities.
- Analyze large data sets and prepare data for predictive and prescriptive modeling.
- Demonstrate shared value through the operationalization of algorithms into a business process.
- Evaluate and understand complex issues from business partners and recommend solutions.
- Generate visualizations using tools like Tableau to provide business insights.
- Analyze multi-channel data for behavior and sentiment analysis. Build journey maps.
- Develop Alteryx workflows and Tableau dashboards.
- Craft and implement automation processes.
- Develop mathematical models and algorithms to effectively capture problems, insights, and solutions.
- Implement models and algorithms in prototype software.
- Design and conduct experiments to evaluate the effectiveness of mathematical models, algorithms, and their software implementation.
- Work closely with team throughout all phases of projects: requirements definition, design, development, test and evaluation, demonstration, and deployment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or related area of study.
- Master’s degree preferred. Exceptional work experience may be considered in substitute of a master’s degree.
- Two or more years’ experience in Alteryx, Tableau and/or Power BI, database management, Python and/or R, cloud-based software (e.g., Apache Spark) and business intelligence data.
- Two or more years’ experience with machine learning / predictive modeling including regression, decision trees, clustering, convex optimization, random forests, linear optimization, and generalized linear models.
- Two or more years of experience with large data sets and big data platforms.
- Two or more years of experience with querying tools/languages such as Alteryx, SQL etc. for pulling the most relevant data for decisions-making.
- Ability to learn or adapt to new data-science toolkits in constrained environments.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work with unknowns.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Have excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to manage multiple, simultaneous projects and data sources.
- Ability to work comfortably with and gain the trust of senior leaders in the company.
- Working knowledge of supervised/unsupervised learning methods and how to appropriately apply each ad hoc in a business context.
Candidates may be subject to a background check and drug screen, in accordance with applicable laws.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.