WHO WE ARE
Drumline is an independent, women-owned professional services firm that works at the intersection of data, analytics, technology, and marketing. Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Dallas, we care deeply about cultivating an inclusive culture, promoting flexibility, and encouraging mutual respect. We’re a team of tireless learners committed to the growth of our people, our clients, and our community.
We’re an ensemble of creative problem-solvers focused on helping clients tackle tough problems, make smarter decisions, and generate incremental business value. How do we do that? By helping them get into a rhythm fueled by insights. This becomes an unstoppable force that moves them forward, every day.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR
As a data scientist, you will work with other data scientists as well as cross-functionally with account/solution managers, strategists, and client stakeholders to provide analytical support and strategic insights that address the needs of each client. You will be working on a wide range of business solutions – consumer insights, measurements, and advanced strategy solutions.
We are looking to fill internship and full-time junior data scientist positions. The ideal candidates for the internship are current students in undergraduate or graduate degree programs seeking part-time or summer internship positions. For the full-time position, the candidates are expected to complete their degree program in the upcoming winter or spring semester.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
● Understand and identify ambiguous business questions at hand, and communicate proposed solutions in technical and non-technical language
● Collect, validate, and clean data across several data platforms (e.g., clickstream, web analytics, transactional data, unaggregated customer data)
● Conduct descriptive, diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analyses leveraging a wide range of analytics techniques
● Build effective data visualizations/decks that communicate findings from analyses
● Work with our analytic solutions team to present and deliver analyses results to the stakeholders
● Document process and works to provide efficient work continuity and new opportunities
● Collaborate with other data scientists to improve, develop, and apply better solutions
● Participate in any training that is recommended to support the job position
WHAT SKILLS YOU’LL BRING
Required Qualifications (internship candidates are not expected to meet all criteria)
● Knowledge in machine learning, data mining, econometrics, statistics, data analysis, and performance measurements
● Pursuing or completed bachelor’s degree or other advanced degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Data Science, or similar program or equivalent combination of education and related work experience in data science,
o OR 2+ years’ experience in data science with knowledge of both the strategic and technical sides of the data science practice
● Proficient in presenting findings by delivering effective data storytelling and actionable insights
● Working knowledge in any computational language/tool such as SQL, Python, R, Julia, Alteryx, C++
● Self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit while willing to reflect on feedback to improve work
Please note that Drumline is not able to sponsor (current or future) employees. All applicants must have citizenship or permanent residency status to be considered for the positions.
Additional qualifications and on-the-job learning opportunities
● Proficiency using visualization tools like Tableau and Power BI
● Ability to lead and drive analytics projects from brainstorm/proposals to insights delivery
● Entrepreneurial spirit and desire to grow and improve the data science practice at Drumline
● Experience working on the service side, working concurrently for multiple clients in a fast-paced environment
● Experience building and managing end-to-end data science tools and solutions
● Knowledge in data enhancement methods including (but not limited to) web scraping, fuzzy matching, data standardization and management
WHY CHOOSE US
● Generous paid time off
● 401K with company matching program as well as profit sharing and annual bonus
● Strong company culture and teams that really care about the work they are doing
● Focus on career and personal development resulting in opportunities for growth
● Recently awarded one of the Best Places to Work by the Dallas Business Journal, which determines winners based on direct employee feedback
● Encourages work/life balance with opportunities for both remote and in-office work environments
● Diverse set of clients with interesting challenges
● Excellent hard and soft benefits including strong health & dental coverage, company service days that give us a chance to give back together, and devoted time for deep work (e.g., Deep Work Wednesdays – no meetings after 2PM)