*** Now hiring for full-time internships in Fall 2022***
Integra is hiring entrepreneurial and quantitatively-skilled PhD students with data analytics experience who are interested in applying their skills to identify, investigate and analyze fraud in various domains, including finance, healthcare and cryptocurrencies. Integra is a boutique economic consulting and forensic analytics firm that has worked with government agencies and private entities to analyze many complex and high-profile schemes. Our team applies data science and econometric techniques and intensely values each employee to take initiative and to be curious while operating as a data detective to solve complex problems.
Main responsibilities include:
- Working as a data detective to examine potentially fraudulent patterns
- Conducting background research to develop hypotheses of where fraud occurs
- Data extraction and processing, e.g., web scraping and writing scripts to retrieve and organize data
- Data mining: parsing free-form text fields, images and spreadsheets to derive insights
- Data Analytics: analyzing large datasets to find insights and fraudulent patterns by thoughtfully applying the appropriate methodologies, e.g., regression and statistical analyses
- Presentation of findings to technical and non-technical audiences
- This position is open to PhD students in quantitative fields (Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics preferred)
- Familiarity with Python, SQL, R, or other scripting languages
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Attention to detail with big-picture understanding
- Ability to work well in teams
- Highest ethical standards
- Master’s or Ph.D. welcome, but position will be commensurate with education and experience; applications with a Bachelor’s degree will be considered for our Forensic Data Analyst position.