How will you make an impact?
As a Data Scientist Intern you will be a member of our MiLo Labs, MGIC’s data science team, to build and refine a strategy for a state-of-the-art data and analytics solution while working across the business to deliver a new level of analytics capabilities using new advanced tools, data and technologies. Additional responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with Data Scientists and Data Engineers to conduct and design quantitative analytics utilizing both structured and unstructured data.
- Conduct assessments of data and analytics framework identifying strengths and limitations.
- Collaborate with business decision makers and data scientists to develop and/or deploy computational approaches to business processes
- Design and build tools for data logging and repeatable tasks that will accelerate and automate data scientist duties
- Work to standardize development and use of computational services while providing communication and education for those services to the end user communities
Do you have what it takes?
- Education background in Computer Science, Quantitative Analytics, Statistics, Data Science or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- Interdisciplinary knowledge, including mathematics, statistics, and programming
- Experience with data query and manipulation using SQL
- Basic knowledge in data and development tools/languages such as R, Python, Java, C++.
- Experience working with systems of collaborative code reviews, version control like Git, GitLab, GitHub
You might be a good fit if you like to:
- Thrive in a collaborative environment
- Listen to others and help solve their problems
- Be creative and think outside of the box
- Work and communicate with others, both technical and non technical
- Learn and understand new technologies
- Multitask and manage changing priorities
What you can learn on the job:
- Mortgage Industry knowledge and terminology
- MGIC policies, processes, and procedures
- Cloud technologies
- Data science processes and standards
All employees are encouraged to be fully vaccinated. Employees who are not fully vaccinated will be required to provide proof of weekly COVID-19 testing and wear a face covering at the workplace, subject to medical or religious exemptions. Proof of vaccination status will be required.