Our headquarters are in the greater Seattle area, but we celebrate and embrace a remote work culture.
Who We Need
Truveta is rapidly building a talented and diverse team to tackle complex health and technical challenges. Beyond core capabilities, we are seeking problem solvers, passionate and collaborative teammates, and those willing to roll up their sleeves while making a difference. If you are interested in the opportunity to pursue purposeful work, join a mission-driven team, and build a rewarding career while having fun, Truveta may be the perfect fit for you.
Working with many well-known partners in health care and life sciences, we are building a trove of quality healthcare data that will help supercharge medical research, advance health knowledge, and drive better outcomes for patients. For example, our data can be used to enable proactive knowledge discovery by researchers for scenarios such as finding new uses of existing medications and procedures (“label expansion”, “drug repositioning”) and monitoring newly introduced medications or vaccines for adverse outcomes (“pharmacological surveillance”). Our data can also be used to support clinicians in diagnosing rare conditions, finding the right set of medications for a given condition, tailoring medications and interventions to the unique genetic and social profile of a patient (“precision medicine”), and better prognosis of a patient’s journey. All these things are possible only when we convert the massive amount of health care data into actionable knowledge of high fidelity. This is an exciting and enormously challenging endeavor where rigorous scientific practice must be blended with robust cloud engineering technology!
You will work as part of an organization that brings together talent in software, health, big data, machine learning, knowledge graphs, natural language processing, deep learning, and AI towards accomplishing our mission. We value and encourage diversity in the belief that our differences make us and our products better. As a member of the Truveta team, we expect you to have a growth mindset, be a strong advocate of diversity and inclusion, and value success of the team above personal success.
- Innovate with applied statistics and machine learning to develop an AI-assisted mechanism that continuously and automatically assesses fidelity of the data pipeline and drives actionable feedback to internal and external partners for continuous improvement
- Innovate on quality assurance through techniques of anomaly detection, semantic understanding and mapping of fields, contextual enrichments, and automated monitoring
- Drive rapid experimentation with data and AI, while always ensuring responsible application of technology and an ethical and transparent scientific process
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with fellow data scientists, engineers, and product managers to deliver product features in a timely way with high quality
- Support hiring and mentoring of team members.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s in Computer Science or STEM with a concentration in applied mathematics, probability/statistics, hypothesis testing and decision science. A good grounding in measurement science is required (metric design, experimentation, hypothesis testing, statistical significance)
- 3+ years of experience with applied Machine Learning (supervised and unsupervised ML, explain-ability of ML scores, probabilistic calibration of ML models)
- Experience in developing real-world ML models on large data sets. Experience working on an in-market commercial product is a definite plus.
- Real world experience shipping applied research (algorithms, predictive models, data analysis, data mining) to production systems at scale
- Excellent problem solving and large-scale data analysis skills, experience using Python/R notebooks and Spark ML or similar distributed compute
Be a part of building something special. Now is the perfect time to join Truveta. We have strong, established leadership with decades of success. We are well funded. We are building a culture that prioritizes people and their passions across personal, professional and everything in between. Join us as we build an amazing company together.
- Interesting and meaningful work for every career stage
- Competitive compensation
- Comprehensive benefits with strong medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- 401K plan
- Professional development for continuous learning
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave
- Regular team activities (virtual and in-person as soon as we are able)
Truveta is committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and empowering workplace. We believe that having staff, interns, and contractors with diverse backgrounds enables Truveta to better meet our mission and serve patients and health communities around the world. We recognize that opportunities in technology historically excluded and continue to disproportionately exclude Black and Indigenous people, people of color, people from working-class backgrounds, people with disabilities, and LGBTQIA+ people. We strongly encourage individuals with these identities to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements.