Numero data is seeking a junior data scientist in the Northern Virginia area
The Data Scientist will join a team responsible for developing advanced analytics products; applying data visualization and statistical programming tools to enterprise data to advance and enable the Department’s key mission outcomes. We prefer candidates with strong communication skills, knowledge and experience with fields related to data science, and a desire to learn more about new areas with applications to Data Science.
· Ideal candidate should have a degree in a quantitative field (e.g., mathematics, computer science, physics, economics, engineering, statistics, operations research, quantitative social science, etc.).
· Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, d3.js, or equivalent.
· Basic Knowledge on software development principles and architecture.
· Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
· Ability to break down and understand complex business problems, define a solution and implement it using advanced quantitative methods.
· Familiarity with programming for data analysis; ideally Python, SQL, or R.
· Solid oral and written communication skills, especially around analytical concepts and methods.
· Great work ethic and intellectual curiosity.
· Knowledge of Cloud technologies such as AWS or Google Cloud.
· Knowledge of any relational database such as My SQL.
· Must be a team player with excellent communication and problem-solving skills and have experience working with customers across teams.
· Bachelors degree
· 2+ relevant experience within data science or analysis
· Experience with programming languages such as Python, R, and VBA; and query languages such as SQL
· Experience with data visualization tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, Power BI, d3.js and other web application technologies, or equivalent
· Experience with SQL and NoSQL database technologies such as SQL Server, Oracle SQL
·Proficiency with data extraction, transformation, and loading to support advanced analytics
· Experience with a wide range of analytics techniques, such as statistics, machine learning, natural language processing, optimization, simulation, or closely related techniques
·Strong strategic communication skills
Position: Data Analyst with (Tableau , ETL & SQL)
• Should have excellent SQL / Oracle skills.
• Should be comfortable with different types of joins, sub queries and analytical functions in SQL.
• The job would require good analytical skills, ability to select and manipulate data and identify issues with the data.
• Should be able to prepare simple to medium complexity queries to validate the solution provided by the development teams.
• Should be able to analyze and resolve any data issues reported by the business and reporting users.
Key Skills :
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous work streams and shift / adjust resources to achieve optimal results.
- Well connected with cutting-edge analytics techniques and be confident about how to apply them to generate insights and recommendations.
- Superior understanding of how to manage client relationships, deliver analytics value, and influence senior clients to define and expand data-driven strategies into new applications and markets.
- Strong data management technology background.
- Ability to build, manage and foster a team-oriented environment.
- Collaborative – strong relationship-building and negotiation skills.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal), and the ability to mentor others.
- Experience interacting with clients of all levels to review expected outputs, applicability to business challenges, and data veracity.
- AWS is a must.