View job on Handshake
Neeva is search designed for you, not advertisers — ads-free, private, and deeply personal. We put you back in control of your data and your search results. Join us as the first Data Scientist on the team and capture this rare opportunity to shape and inform strategy.
In this role you will define, build and scale metrics and analytical insights that will measure the success and drive the day-to-day decision making of the Neeva product team. You will work closely with Product Managers, Designers, and Engineers to ensure we are capturing and surfacing the best data and information to make optimal business decisions.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a quantitative field such as Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Economics, Finance, Machine Learning, Operations Research, or related field
- Advanced proficiency with data exploration and visualization tools such as SQL, Mode, Tableau, Sisense or the like.
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills to translate ambiguous business requirements into analysis and actionable insights
- 3+ years of experience in an data science or analyst role
- Cohort analysis, churn modeling, LTV modeling in a product growth team at a startup or a big company. Experience with subscription businesses is a plus.
- Definition and implementation of product metrics, ideally for consumer facing products.
- Knowledge of one of R, Python, Pandas, or Spark
- ETL, data modeling, and working with“Big Data” is a plus
- Logs analysis of user behavior in search and discovery products.
- Human evaluation, ideally for search and discovery relevance use cases.
- New technologies and analytical methodologies relating to business intelligence and data analysis
- Projects involving complex data sets and high variability