As a data scientist at Health at Scale, you will work with an exceptional team of engineers, scientists, and clinicians to understand customer needs, formulate precise problem statements, develop proof-of-concept machine learning approaches to improve patient care and outcomes, conduct exploratory analyses, and work with machine learning and software engineers to scale and deploy new tools. You will play a core role in engaging with a growing customer base to define new opportunities and develop new ways to measure and demonstrate the impact of our technologies.
- Work closely with customers and internal team members to identify emerging opportunities where machine intelligence can drive meaningful healthcare impact
- Formulate precise analytical problem statements underlying major healthcare challenges and establish data sufficiency and problem feasibility
- Conduct exploratory data analyses to extract new insights from healthcare datasets and prepare visualizations for internal and external stakeholders
- Prototype new solutions and evaluate their potential for impact and adoption by existing and new customer bases
- Engage with machine learning and software engineers to translate prototypes into production
- Design experiments and conduct rigorous analytical studies for evaluation and iterative improvement
- PhD in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field (or MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or related field and 2+ years of experience with data science and machine learning in industry)
- Strong understanding of working with real-world datasets, including: formulating meaningful questions to ask of the data, communicating problem statements and hypotheses, and designing experiments to test hypotheses
- Strong understanding of the foundational concepts of machine learning and artificial intelligence models and evaluation approaches
- Understanding of probability and statistics
- Strong proficiency in Python or R
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to communicate machine learning and statistical concepts to non-technical audiences
Health at Scale is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in its hiring and business practices. To all recruitment agencies: Health at Scale does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to this job alias, company employees or any organization location. Health at Scale is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.