View job on Handshake
Title: Data Scientist
Location: Irvine, CA
Duration: Long Term
· Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
· Undertake pre-processing of structured and unstructured data.
· Analyse large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns.
· Build predictive models and machine-learning algorithms.
· Combine models through ensemble modelling.
· Present information using data visualization techniques.
· Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
· Collaborate with engineering and product development teams.
· Proven experience as a Data Scientist or Data Analyst.
· Experience in data mining.
· Understanding of machine-learning and operations research.
· Knowledge of R, SQL and Python; familiarity with Scala, Java or C++ is an asset.
· Experience using business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau) and data frameworks.
· Analytical mind and business acumen.
· Strong math skills (e.g. statistics, algebra).
· Problem-solving aptitude.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.