View job on Handshake
At DefenseStorm, we protect financial institutions (like banks and credit unions) and other fintechs by building products and services that serve their cybersecurity, cyberfraud, and related compliance needs.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Machine Learning team. This is a unique opportunity to work on a small (but quickly growing!) team with the goal of building ML that will help keep the finance industry safe from a constantly growing number of threats.
*Depending on experience, this position can be classified as a Junior Data Scientist or a Data Scientist*
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with software engineers to collect, clean, analyze, and develop and select features to support model R&D
- Use statistical, machine learning, data mining, and other techniques to develop production models for use in DefenseStorm products
- Work with business stakeholders to understand their challenges and how the available data might be used to ease those challenges
- All other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education and Experience
- A degree in some quantitative field (computer science, mathematics, statistics, engineering, physical science)
- Familiarity with Python and the PyData stack (Pandas, SciKit Learn, etc.)
- Be intellectually curious and entrepreneurial
- Great written and oral communication skills
- Have empathy towards people who rely on your work
Preferred Education and Experience
- Familiarity with the banking and fintech industries, cybersecurity, or fraud a plus