CareJourney’s mission is to empower individuals and organizations they trust with open, clinically-relevant analytics and insights in the pursuit of the optimal healthcare journey. We are a fast-growing start-up in Arlington, VA that builds software products to serve industry-leading customers that include Pfizer, Humana, and Microsoft. Our founders and leadership developed the policy and technology in the public and private sector that shape the work we do today. We are looking for driven professionals that are excited to join a growing business where they will have a strong voice in the direction and success of the company. Our culture embraces teamwork and cross-functional collaboration for a fun and exciting environment.
CareJourney is looking for a Data Scientist to develop advanced analytics that will differentiate its products. The data scientist will help develop a data science platform for analyzing the provider behavior, matching providers to patients, identifying high risk patient segments, and predicting network performance.
- Rapid prototyping of advanced analytics for creative problems solving
- Collaborate closely with the Manager of Data Analytics and Data Science and Senior Data Scientist to translate business objectives into new features and products and to translate prototypes into production
- Create data mining architectures/models/protocols, statistical reporting, and data analysis methodologies to identify trends and derive insights from large data sets.
- Develop and share expertise in advanced methods for younger staff
- Work on projects throughout their life cycle, including conceptualization, requirements definition, data procurement, development, integration, and socialization
- MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Engineering, Health Services, Mathematics or Quantitative Science
- 2+ years programming experience with Python, Scala, or Java and distributed frameworks
- 2+ years of experience building, deploying and monitoring real world data science and machine learning solutions using state of the art techniques
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis: regression, clustering, predictive modeling, collaborative filtering, etc. and analytical modeling using large datasets.
- High motivation, work ethic, and self-discipline to organize and complete tasks
- Sincere interest in working at a startup and scaling with the company
- History working with healthcare datasets is desired but not mandatory